Taxi Apps.

Logistics and Transport
Brambles

Taxi Apps.

Post by Brambles »

Just posted about this in another thread, but I felt it needed it's own. Quite a few Taxi firms now have an App so that you can book and pay for a taxi from your phone. For those who travel by public transport or if you travel for work, it might be useful to see if any Taxi companies at your destination and your home town do this and get it set up before travelling. Makes life a lot easier. No need to worry about finding a Taxi rank, having enough money or searching for a Taxi company after the fact.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Re: Taxi Apps.

Post by jansman »

I never realised there was such a thing! I am a recent convert to the smartphone, and apps are starting to become part of my life, from RAC, to bank, , to credit card company. A taxi app could prove to be very useful in an emergency. Thanks for that Brambles.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

I know that there has been a lot of controversy around Uber but their app saved us from being stuck in another city and an expensive hotel bill after cancelled trains last year. As a female who enjoys travelling and going out solo, taxi apps where I can book online, am given the car reg and model, often the driver's name and track them to my destination can be pretty reassuring. Our youngest (over 18) child who really isn't a social butterfly went for a rare night out with friends to the same city. I got her to install the app on her phone too with our card details so that she could get home safely if things did not go according to plan and showed her how to use the app.
Growing old disgracefully!
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Just thinking out aloud..... I don't hold much truck with mobile phones and the app world that seems to have taken over... I keep telling the kids to power down and stop relying on phones, a time may come that we don't have a telephone net work to sort out your daily needs.... I may be wrong but I just cant buy into this.
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Citizen H wrote:Just thinking out aloud..... I don't hold much truck with mobile phones and the app world that seems to have taken over... I keep telling the kids to power down and stop relying on phones, a time may come that we don't have a telephone net work to sort out your daily needs.... I may be wrong but I just cant buy into this.
It depends how far you want to take that logic I guess, you could argue against any modern convenience if you took it to extremes. If you become reliant on anything it can become a weakness potentially I suppose. I'm not massive on apps but some are really useful, I've a torch app for example, you know, in case the 3 to 4 torches I normally have on me aren't working. :tinfoil Maybe be better to encourage them to take a power bank with them. ;)