Diesel Freezing warning

Logistics and Transport
preppergb

Diesel Freezing warning

Post by preppergb »

Be careful Diesel drivers reports are now coming in from across the UK that diesel vehicles fuel lines are freezing., BBC news 2.15PM 1st Mr 18
Arzosah

Re: Diesel Freezing warning

Post by Arzosah »

I've had a personal report of undiluted screenwash freezing in the pipes. Not driving myself, I don't know if thats rare or not, but its certainly happening today.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

The Brambling reported his diesel forklift was not behaving today. He's praying it gets really cold so that it freezes and they have a snow day. Working out in this is no joke.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I have a rather first world problem, but the pipe that feeds the filtered water dispenser and ice machine on my fridge has frozen, it runs a short distance outside. That's never happened during the day before.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

Jamesey1981 wrote:I have a rather first world problem, but the pipe that feeds the filtered water dispenser and ice machine on my fridge has frozen, it runs a short distance outside. That's never happened during the day before.
That's your own fault for having a fridge that's too fancy for its own good. Our fridge is a good ten years old and wouldn't dream of such nonsense. :D
unsure

Post by unsure »

my landrover has been playing up a bit today , seemed a little short on power . its never been fast but this might explain it . :?
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Wood cutter wrote:
Jamesey1981 wrote:I have a rather first world problem, but the pipe that feeds the filtered water dispenser and ice machine on my fridge has frozen, it runs a short distance outside. That's never happened during the day before.
That's your own fault for having a fridge that's too fancy for its own good. Our fridge is a good ten years old and wouldn't dream of such nonsense. :D

https://youtu.be/B5tRSinF1PY
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

unsure wrote:my landrover has been playing up a bit today , seemed a little short on power . its never been fast but this might explain it . :?
Is it a turbodiesel? My truck has been fine but it has a pretty hefty turbo, so it will probably balance out any loss of power as they work better on cold air.
unsure

Post by unsure »

Jamesey1981 wrote:
unsure wrote:my landrover has been playing up a bit today , seemed a little short on power . its never been fast but this might explain it . :?
Is it a turbodiesel? My truck has been fine but it has a pretty hefty turbo, so it will probably balance out any loss of power as they work better on cold air.
300tdi , but just seemed down a bit on power , cold air aside , its a fuel issue . when the wind drops i`ll go check the filters for waxing
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Maybe it's gone a bit sludgy in the lines, I think mine run through the floor, if yours run underneath then they'd get colder, could also just be warmer here, it's cold by sussex standards but there a places much colder.

I know in Scandinavia they have electric heaters that stop the fuel going sludgy in winter.