Is this a bug out vehicle ?

Logistics and Transport
Citizen H

Is this a bug out vehicle ?

Post by Citizen H »

Odd as it seems this is one mans achievement that has taken approximately 2 and a half years,

It boasts 7 CCTV Cameras (that have been glued directly to the paint work) and was once a 3 seater, but now is only two as it was an inconvenience having to get out to get into the back.

A larger sun roof was fitted (and now leaks) and comes equipped with a solar panel (that doesn't charge the batteries and is also glued directly to the paint work) and a tv aerial that works (I doubt it!)

A cycle rack was fitted (but never used) and the ladder no longer has rungs (?) not wanting to risk loosing it a security cable was cut and passed through the rear door and is held in place with large bolts

No expense has been spared on the body work and the silver hammerite almost matches the original paint job, Tasteful (?) transfers and stickers have been added to cover up some of the slight (?) imperfections.

The owner has No Fear (Or Idea!) as he has rewired the electrics and re plumbed the gas, (certification of this work is questionable, but will probably be ok!?!?)

The internal cupboards have been adjusted (Buggered about with) as theres nothing that you can't do with a old bit of suppliers pallet.

I could go on but its tiring........ and the list is endless.

To close (And I haven't made any of this up) during one fact finding mission? the flasher unit was working intermittently, so this was resolved by putting and A4 note in the back window that read "WARNING! Indicators may not work!"

I also felt obliged to added one that read "Caution! Shit may fall off!"

feel free to add comments or if you after tips and inside knowledge do ask !?!?!?
Attachments
Van 1.jpg
Van 4.jpg
Van 2.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
ForgeCorvus

Re: Is this a bug out vehicle ?

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Frightening!

How do you know this over-optimistic DIYer?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Brilliant :lol:

It's a super duper bug out vehicle :lol:

I love the "shit may fall off", it's just perfect.

Have you dared to drive it? If its had to lose a seat, can you actually carry any supplies? Do tell ...
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Frightening!

How do you know this over-optimistic DIYer?
Unfortunately due to redundancy and a 3 years of temp work I find myself in this place of employment (not Enjoyment!) I do believe its social experiment as the main body of there core staff have issues ???? could it be to observe how normal people react to such an environment? I would also like to add that I find myself saying more often.... They Walk Among Us!

Citizen "H"
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Arzosah wrote:Brilliant :lol:

It's a super duper bug out vehicle :lol:

*** Its not finished yet ?

I love the "shit may fall off", it's just perfect.

*** He wasn't impressed, possibly offended? but then the truth hurts.

Have you dared to drive it? If its had to lose a seat, can you actually carry any supplies? Do tell ...
*** Ah No! id rather walk,

**The seat in question was the front passenger seat that was conjoined to the middle seat, one bank holiday weekend the spanners came out and as quick as you like it was cut in half...... needle and cotton were employed to make good (along with gaffer tape) but the invisible mend errrrr.... wasn't so Halfords supplied covers. I must add that I asked (stupidly) why didn't he look on ebay and just buy a single seat and try to sell off the double seat to off set the cost? the reply was "Hummmmmmm? To late now!"

* Carry Supply's ???? well I pointed out that he had a tow bar and that he was missing a trick as he could get a trailer...... in not so many words he explained that funds were not available.... "But we have a skip full of pallets.... make one and put it on youtube?"

To close, Hes aged 58... and even though he has worked? he has not a lot to show for it... the retirement plan is to find some desperate woman on "plenty of fish" who owns her own place and is happy to have a pile parked outside, further more this is his daily drive even though he lives 5 mins away..... I did ask about camping trips etc but as yet apart from sleeping outside his lodgings it hasn't been utilised to its fullest capacity as hes not fond of the cold.

Citizen "H"
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"plenty of fish"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never heard that saying before either...
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Arwen Thebard wrote:"plenty of fish"

It's an online dating site.
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

sniper 55 wrote:
Arwen Thebard wrote:"plenty of fish"

It's an online dating site.
more like "Desperate sad housewives are us." or a script write for 101 Dalmatians.

Citizen "H"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Citizen H wrote:
more like "Desperate sad housewives are us." or a script write for 101 Dalmatians.
They all need lovin'..... :lol:

I feel as if I've missed out, I've never tried the online dating thing although I've heard some great stories both good and horrific. Not sure 'wants to try internet dating' would go down well on the divorce papers. :lol:
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Deeps wrote:
Citizen H wrote:
They all need lovin'..... :lol:

I feel as if I've missed out, I've never tried the online dating thing although I've heard some great stories both good and horrific. Not sure 'wants to try internet dating' would go down well on the divorce papers. :lol:

I feel like his vehicle he finds a rough old banger that's in need of work to get in a acceptable condition, but there are limitations as to what can be achieved with gaffer tape and body filler. besides the guys a bit sinister and has an agenda..... Love, romance or relationship are an after thought to his intentions. fortunately his pass 6 relationships have cottoned on to this hence he's still fishing.

Citizen "H"