Winter on the Buses.

Logistics and Transport
Alloneword

Re: Winter on the Buses.

Post by Alloneword »

I still use public sometimes buses/trains/tubes and also the motorbike (ST1300) save your money and don't buy a happer not unless you plan on putting some nails up.

50 now and used to be a very naughty boy in my youth and the only tool we carried was an Automatic Centre Punch,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dv0UU66CbU

It is the best tool to buy and i still carry one today all for legal reasons you understand

All1
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh that's a nice bike :mrgreen: Our last one was a GSX1400 but we downsized now to a Bandit. Don't use it in winter though, it lives in the spare bedroom. (no garage lol) He'd have it in the livingroom if I let him..
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

At the moment I'm reliant on public transport too and use trains to get to work (sadly). I carry on my journeys the following everyday:

Small FAK
Keyring letherman thing
Bottle of water
Snack bar (and my lunch)
Mini torch & compass
Gloves & Hat (this time of year anyway)
Headphones - could not get through the commute without
Small pack of tissues
Small pack of wet wipes
Sanitary products
Mini bottle of anti-bac gel
Compact hairbrush/mirror thing (so I don't arrive at work looking like I've fallen out of a hedge)
Umbrella
Several pens

Plus the usual things like mobile phone, purse, glasses, house keys etc. This might sound a lot but isn't - it all fits in a satchel I take.

I don't as yet carry a power bank but it's on my list of stuff to buy.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Headphones, got them. I've also put a mini pack of wet wipes in my pack too.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Zunzuncito wrote:At the moment I'm reliant on public transport too and use trains to get to work (sadly). I carry on my journeys the following everyday:

Small FAK
Keyring letherman thing
Bottle of water
Snack bar (and my lunch)
Mini torch & compass
Gloves & Hat (this time of year anyway)
Headphones - could not get through the commute without
Small pack of tissues
Small pack of wet wipes
Sanitary products
Mini bottle of anti-bac gel
Compact hairbrush/mirror thing (so I don't arrive at work looking like I've fallen out of a hedge)
Umbrella
Several pens

Plus the usual things like mobile phone, purse, glasses, house keys etc. This might sound a lot but isn't - it all fits in a satchel I take.

I don't as yet carry a power bank but it's on my list of stuff to buy.
Maybe a spork (you can even get cases for them so you don't stab yourself) and do you have a tin opener on your Leatherman ? You can open a tin without an opener but its a ball ache. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but if you have, have you had a go with it ?
Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

diamond lil wrote:Oh that's a nice bike :mrgreen: Our last one was a GSX1400 but we downsized now to a Bandit. Don't use it in winter though, it lives in the spare bedroom. (no garage lol) He'd have it in the livingroom if I let him..
I'd prefer a naked bike if it was just for me but i need it too carry alot of kit so went for the 1300, the wife and i are no loght weights plus kit, i only use it once a fortnight to keep the battery topped up had it about 18 months and done less then 1k on it

All1
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.