Winter in the car......

Logistics and Transport
sion_1990

Re: Winter in the car......

Post by sion_1990 »

I have a bit of a thing with the black magic electronics... I love ABS, best thing that ever happened to motor vehicles, but the rest always throw me off my stride, like the car is telling me "No, you may not do that, bad Sion" :lol:
I got my little punto stuck on standard summer bridgestone tyres when I could see through the slush... Fitted winter tyres and it could outclimb posh peoples 4x4 cross over couldn't get up The 1:4 hill yet I made it no drama
:lol:

I haven't had any snow to test them out yet but I have the mountain/snowflake symbols on mine so I'm not dreading the slush like I usually do.
yorkshirewolf

Re: Winter in the car......

Post by yorkshirewolf »

I prepped both vehicles by buying some trade size boxes of de-icer and left a few cans in each before the cold comes and the panickers strip the shelves, thats with the usual blankets, shovel, gas stove, water, sleeping bags and wayfarer meals...

And on the subject of winter tyres, we have a front wheel drive city car fitted with skinny Nokian winter tyres which goes anywhere in the snow, we've even passed a few 4x4's on big wide 20" wheels with summer tyres spinning away, always a joy :D
TopSod

Winter in the car......

Post by TopSod »

Euro car parts have an offer on at the moment for screenwash. Add it to your basket and add promo code JANSALE and you get 5L of concentrate for £2.60 with free delivery. It was even cheaper at the weekend so I got 20L.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-a ... 780e85acc4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro