Alternative vehicle

Logistics and Transport
seadog

Alternative vehicle

Post by seadog »

I need your opinions, thinking about getting hold of either a Hummer H3 or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Must be havig some midlife thing. Thought it might make a change from the usual.
Deeps

Re: Alternative vehicle

Post by Deeps »

seadog wrote:I need your opinions, thinking about getting hold of either a Hummer H3 or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Must be havig some midlife thing. Thought it might make a change from the usual.
Get a bit on the side, it'll work out cheaper*. :P

*unless you get caught, divorces can be expensive. :lol:
Kentsurvival

Post by Kentsurvival »

Hi Seadog, What do you currently drive out of curiosity? The keep is cool, have a few friends that own them but the hummer is silly haha. As you'll see from my previous topic post, I have a Mitsubishi warrior and love it, very practical with the crew cab and plenty of space in the bed which you can of course cover too, good thing with these and the Toyotas etc if the ease of lifting compared to a jeep to fit on some nice bit offloading tyres and they are pretty reliable compared to a jeep, as good as they are. Just my thoughts. You also have the surf and shogun sport as alternatives. They don't have the comfort of a jeep though :p

Good luck with your hunt, there is fun to be had.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Deeps is funny.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Buy 3 acres of woods near where you live instead? Same cost, more fun. Somewhere to take your bit on the side for a picnic.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deeps wrote:
seadog wrote:I need your opinions, thinking about getting hold of either a Hummer H3 or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Must be havig some midlife thing. Thought it might make a change from the usual.

I bet it wont! :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:
Deeps wrote:

I bet it wont! :lol:
You must run with a classier crowd than me mate. :lol:

I should add, no bit on the side here, trying to keep one sweet is mission impossible never mind two. :D
seadog

Post by seadog »

Thanks for all the advice, from experience the "bit on the side option", which to me is known as Plan A, could work out to be really expensive and extremely time consuming.
I'd need the 3 acres of woodland to hide from them all, or stash my belongings after female no.1 discovers female no2,3,4 and 5.
I drive a Volvo V70 D5, struggling to keep it on the road, I've got an Eagle RV, 2ltr petrol, (front suspension off and being refurbished, then I've got to re-wire it, I'm just taking too long, but will get there, though finishing the project could be hinderred by the imlentation of Plan A).
Got to say, I am drawn to the H3 Hummer, even if I kept it for a year, need a good laugh, ok, I know there is a possibility that it could end in tears, but at least I won't be sat in a clearing surrounded by carrier bags full of heirlumes after Plan A blossums. :shock:
seadog

Post by seadog »

Ok, beginning to see sense, looks like it maybe a second hand Grand Cherokee, would prefer a manual gearbox tho.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

I think you just need something to get you from A to B.

Without A noticing.