Post by whenfires »

I think the best way to describe that interior is 'rustic' :P
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
Citizen H

Re: Current Bug Out Vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

Post by Citizen H »

whenfires wrote:I think the best way to describe that interior is 'rustic' :P
Aha! you see this is a tactical move on my part, with bonnet up, door open and a oil rag smoldering underneath it looks out of action an not worth bothering with, un like the highly polished clean looking show ponys that you see parked up at M&S by the posh lot, come the day of the revolution an shtf I'm ready... Ha bring it on,,,,

Keeping things Ratty, Citizen "H"
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Citizen H wrote:
Aha! you see this is a tactical move on my part, with bonnet up, door open and a oil rag smoldering underneath it looks out of action an not worth bothering with, un like the highly polished clean looking show ponys that you see parked up at M&S by the posh lot, come the day of the revolution an shtf I'm ready... Ha bring it on,,,,

Hope your well accustomed to cavity wax and underseal ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Citizen H wrote:

A proper 'Rat wagon' should only look like its on its last legs and/or owned by someone who DGAF

One guy I know fitted an 'Awoogar' type claxon in his kitcar.... You certainly knew it was him :D
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Citizen H wrote:

Today I've been playing at being the flintstones as.........there's now a big hole where the floor pan use to be, that will teach me for demonstrating how strong the floor was (nt)...... will come in handy for drainage as when rains the canvas roof leaks, which in turn will help wash some of the grim out, I'm tiring to be positive about this as everyone around me wants it to go the scrap man. the frightening about this is one is a mechanic the other an engineer,...........shows you how much they know?

Deep in thought Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
JDandCoke

Post by JDandCoke »

Citizen H wrote:This is my current Bug Out vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

it’s a Land Rover Series II A 2A 109 24V, It has all the refinements and practicalities that you expect of a military vehicle, I’m particularly proud of the multi camo that took vast amount of time to get just right, I also took extra care to incorporate some artic camo. I’m currently working on modifying the exhaust system for maximum ground clearance, its on going but im quite pleased with how things are looking,

Be Safe “Citizen “H”

Don't get me wrong mate but you're making big mistake (same as all these preppers having their channels on youtube). In your neighbourhood you must be looking like a real advert of free food and other stuff if shtf. You buy army camo clothes, you drive old Landrover, you probably told your neighbours you're a prepper as well, and even if you haven't they probably already realised anyway. Fair enough if nothing wrong on massive scale will never happen, but think what will happen if your neighbour's 6 year old will be starving due to some sort of shtf? (winter, social unrest, empty shops you name it) Your neighbour and his wife will knock your door knowing you're "the guy" asking for food and if you turn them away they will come back again, this time less polite and will feed their 6 years old whether you want it or not. Sad but true. Think how serious prepping is for yourself. Is it just a hobby to kill boredom (fair enough if it is), or is it serious approach to life preparing for worst.
Stay gray mate.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Citizen H wrote:
Today I've been playing at being the flintstones as.........there's now a big hole where the floor pan use to be, that will teach me for demonstrating how strong the floor was (nt)...... will come in handy for drainage as when rains the canvas roof leaks, which in turn will help wash some of the grim out, I'm tiring to be positive about this as everyone around me wants it to go the scrap man. the frightening about this is one is a mechanic the other an engineer,...........shows you how much they know?

Time to get a Mig welder :mrgreen:

and set fire to affore mentioned underseal and cavity wax (it burns bloody well from personal experience :o Good old AFFF Foam fire extinguisher to the rescue :oops: )
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Aren't your floors alloy? Mine certainly were only the bulkhead footwell was metal..
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

JDandCoke wrote:
Citizen H wrote:This is my current Bug Out vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

it’s a Land Rover Series II A 2A 109 24V, It has all the refinements and practicalities that you expect of a military vehicle, I’m particularly proud of the multi camo that took vast amount of time to get just right, I also took extra care to incorporate some artic camo. I’m currently working on modifying the exhaust system for maximum ground clearance, its on going but im quite pleased with how things are looking,

Be Safe “Citizen “H”

Don't get me wrong mate but you're making big mistake (same as all these preppers having their channels on youtube). In your neighbourhood you must be looking like a real advert of free food and other stuff if shtf. You buy army camo clothes, you drive old Landrover, you probably told your neighbours you're a prepper as well, and even if you haven't they probably already realised anyway. Fair enough if nothing wrong on massive scale will never happen, but think what will happen if your neighbour's 6 year old will be starving due to some sort of shtf? (winter, social unrest, empty shops you name it) Your neighbour and his wife will knock your door knowing you're "the guy" asking for food and if you turn them away they will come back again, this time less polite and will feed their 6 years old whether you want it or not. Sad but true. Think how serious prepping is for yourself. Is it just a hobby to kill boredom (fair enough if it is), or is it serious approach to life preparing for worst.
Stay gray mate.

Hey JD, Its a log way off being much of anything, and to put right what's wrong and all the additional strain Ive put on it its amazing that it starts, the list is just too long, Im hoping for snow as Id love to take her out in it, shes with me until the new year and then..... I don't want to be around when she goes, I don't want to even learn of her fate,

Realistically I have a 4 year old Vauxhall Combi Van 1.6 TD (Tall Roof), it has only 7k on the clock and will be just what I will need to bug out in, Ive been ordered! not to paint it Nato Green, however the happy compromise is I have enough camo netting to cover it. the only thing I will say in agreement is in desperate times , people will do pretty much anything to survive..... but that I'll save for another topic, thanks for all the comments,

Be safe Citizen "H"
Last edited by Citizen H on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Citizen "H"
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Citizen H wrote:

Time to get a Mig welder :mrgreen:

and set fire to affore mentioned underseal and cavity wax (it burns bloody well from personal experience :o Good old AFFF Foam fire extinguisher to the rescue :oops: )
I had ago at welding some years ago and ended up blowing more holes in it, ended up looking more like swiss cheese, erhum, "H"

Citizen "H"