Current Bug Out Vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

Logistics and Transport
Citizen H

Current Bug Out Vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

Post by Citizen H »

This is my current Bug Out vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

it’s a Land Rover Series II A 2A 109 24V, It has all the refinements and practicalities that you expect of a military vehicle, I’m particularly proud of the multi camo that took vast amount of time to get just right, I also took extra care to incorporate some artic camo. I’m currently working on modifying the exhaust system for maximum ground clearance, its on going but im quite pleased with how things are looking,

Be Safe “Citizen “H”

Just got to thinking would it be worth asking Car SOS to have look at it for me?

juts a thought,, "H"ski
Attachments
LR.jpg
Last edited by Citizen H on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Rincewind

Re: Current Bug Out Vehicle “Soviet Joseph”

Post by Rincewind »

Nice work in progress and lovely vintage Landy
'Luck is my middle name,' said Rincewind, indistinctly. 'Mind you, my first name is Bad.' Area 4
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Kentsurvival

Post by Kentsurvival »

Nice, love the exhaust, will have to get some pics of my BOV up soon, doing my cv joint gators and rear shackles this weekend.
unsure

Post by unsure »

nice work in progress . pity your so far away , ive a few bits kicking around for one of those .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Kentsurvival wrote:Nice, love the exhaust, will have to get some pics of my BOV up soon, doing my cv joint gators and rear shackles this weekend.

Lovely molly grease and siezed bolts enjoy ;-)

Tool me 2 pigging hours to remove 2 bolts on the Mrs supermini lower shock bolts to rear beam over the summer and I couldn't just cut them as it was threaded into the rear beam all that to replace 2 springs
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Kentsurvival wrote:Nice, love the exhaust, will have to get some pics of my BOV up soon, doing my cv joint gators and rear shackles this weekend.

Lovely molly grease and siezed bolts enjoy ;-)

Tool me 2 pigging hours to remove 2 bolts on the Mrs supermini lower shock bolts to rear beam over the summer and I couldn't just cut them as it was threaded into the rear beam all that to replace 2 springs

All this and do you get any thanks????? nope just moans because I'm always covered in crud and "why cant you have normal interests? & your not bringing that in here!"

love me shed,

Be Safe Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Citizen H wrote:

All this and do you get any thanks????? nope just moans because I'm always covered in crud and "why cant you have normal interests? & your not bringing that in here!"

love me shed,

Be Safe Citizen "H"

And the imfamous "how long will you be?" as the moment you get the car in bits there is a sudden need to go to somewhere..... :lol:

"as long as it takes" usually gets the back door slammed shut and cup of tea privileges removed
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Im still getting my head round this forum lark and uploading an stuff, could have sworn I added a photo of the cab but where the heck that went? god only knows, will try again tomorrow,

Laters Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Citizen H wrote:

love me shed,

Be Safe Citizen "H"

And the imfamous "how long will you be?" as the moment you get the car in bits there is a sudden need to go to somewhere..... :lol:

"as long as it takes" usually gets the back door slammed shut and cup of tea privileges removed

I was strategically gluing a part together that was no longer available, as I couldn't wait for it to dry I used Tools to push it together I place on the work surface in the utility room ...... the following morning I went to retrieve the said item and it had disappeared.....gently I inquired what happened to the said item, "oh I tidied up!" which equals opening the draw and sliding the whole lot in......... I cant remember how long it took to undo the glued mess or how long it took to calm down, I now have to leave large notes stating "DO NOT TOUCH!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh,

Love her to bits thou, Citizen "H"

Citizen "H"
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

the inside..........., just had a bit of a tidy up........ Random as it may seem, Im after a set of Ice Cream Van Chimes..... let me know if you have a spare set,

Take Care Citizen "H"
Attachments
Soviet Joe.jpg

Citizen "H"