in an old book

Logistics and Transport
pSi

in an old book

Post by pSi »

the Ultralight kit book by Jack Lambie - in it there is a little 3 wheel buggy that you attach a hang glider to - just saying
good idea or no?
sniper 55

Re: in an old book

Post by sniper 55 »

pSi wrote:the Ultralight kit book by Jack Lambie - in it there is a little 3 wheel buggy that you attach a hang glider to - just saying
good idea or no?
Hang gliders don't fly very far usually, and really you need to start from high ground, so I'm not sure I see much advantage in those. One of those powered ones would work I suppose, they'll land in a small area and go a good distance for bugging out, is that what you were talking about?
Mortblanc

Post by Mortblanc »

There are many "hang gliders" in my area equipped with motorbike engines that will take off and land like a normal plane. Folks collapse the wings and store them in the barn or garage. They will "take off" on a long driveway and soe folks have cleared dirt landing strips on their farms.

Their time aloft is controlled by the size of the fuel tank and here the fuel is limited by law to what will keep you aloft for 1 hour. They would fly as far as needed if you fit a larger fuel tank, within the weight limits of the craft.

Not for me though. Too flimsy, I do not like the heights, and I have too much gear to consider it a "bug out" device.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Mad Max gyrocopter guy approves.
Attachments
mad max.jpg
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
pSi

Post by pSi »

Hi Sniper 55, yes that is exactly what I am talking about - a roadworthy trike/buggy with a rear prop and when needed att,ach the hang glider, - does make you a bit visible though if trying to keep low profile
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Just wondering if one of those powered parachutes (paragliding) would be easier to carry about folded up? Not for me though mate. I'd rather...." borrow" a light plane if SHTF. ;)