Thinking of a new motor - Navara

Logistics and Transport
Meta

Re: Thinking of a new motor - Navara

Post by Meta »

Medusa wrote:Absolutely adore my Navara. I'm not fond of driving at all and hate being in small cars. I feel safe in it and have a good view. Ours came with reversing cameras and sat nav as standard. We took it on a camping holiday for the second time this year, but as I like to live in comfort we ended up with a roof box on top. Lots of little cubby holes, drinks holders and plenty of space in the doors for prepping bits and bobs. There are also various options for the pickup, ours has the rollershutter. I think the only thing that bothered me was the lack of somewhere to put tools etc. Hubby built a box for in the back of ours which is bolted in as few of the boxes you can buy ready built will fit in with a roller shutter top. Parking can be an issue as they are quite long and tend to take one and a bit spaces lengthwise in supermarket car parks, and I find it much easier to handle than our old Freelander. It handles well, fuel consumption is pretty good we averaged 39mpg on a just under 300 mile journey mostly on the motorway. It does pretty well fuel wise running around too. It is classed as a commercial vehicle so we can't just turn up at the local recycling place without a licence from the local Council but it has also been great for carting around free pallets for firewood, DIY stuff and moving furniture. No worries about damaging interiors as you would with an estate car.
Thanks for this - good to know, pretty much ticks the boxes for me :)

I know some people have had problems, but then I think that you can get a dog of a car from anyone if its not looked after. Timing issues will cost a small fortune on any car if it goes badly - have a 530 that had the issue and essentially scrapped a £9,000 car...
own your situation before it owns you
Mark White

Snapped chassis group FB

Post by Mark White »

You might want to take a minute or so to look at this before parting with your hard earned

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505526562959686/
Meta

Re: Snapped chassis group FB

Post by Meta »

Mark White wrote:You might want to take a minute or so to look at this before parting with your hard earned

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505526562959686/

I have seen that before :) A lot of issues with the trucks being used in sea water etc with boats, or the dude towing TWO tractors with it... Any truck treated like that is going to suffer.

I would be pulling it apart and changing suspention, adding brace plates etc, as I intend to do a spot of off road with it :)

Thanks for the info!!
own your situation before it owns you
Mark White

Re: Thinking of a new motor - Navara

Post by Mark White »

No if you read the comments these are everyday people just driving around not going in the sea, not towing a steamroller but getting initially cold shouldered by dealer
"don't believe everything you read on the internet M8" then offering maybe 20% of value back on a 5year old car, and a non-disclosure waiver as well

but as usual the savvy buyer simply googles 'problems with (insert make and model) cars'