Not sure which would make the better BOV

Logistics and Transport
sniper 55

Re: Not sure which would make the better BOV

Post by sniper 55 »

Another vote for the landcruiser, thats what I'd go for, tough as old boots.
We had a Mitsubishi Delica at one point (firms vehicle) it must have spent more time in the garage than on the road, brakes went every few months, the body roll was terrible (although it never turned over and we went some daft places with it). The air con was constantly having a wobbler and they couldn't seem to fix it.
Loads of room inside and felt ok on the motorway, if you didn't mind the wandering which you get used to I'm told.
Meta

Post by Meta »

Landcruser would be my choice also

Not a fan of the Patrol - personal experience on engine failure and gear box failure (may have just been a pup but has tainted my view of them)
own your situation before it owns you
Deep Thinker

Post by Deep Thinker »

Friend had a Shogun and liked it ,then sold it for a Land Cruiser said the Toyota was fantastic build quality.
Just need to look at how they hold their prices and how many are still going around.

DT
unsure

Post by unsure »

best of both worlds ,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT- ... SwiYFXG5Fd

as many seats as you want in it
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

OK, the deal has been done.
We finally bought a Land Rover Discovery 3, 2.7 TD, V6 HSE 5 door beastie.
Immaculate vehicle with warranty and is black, so that offers a partial stealth aspect.
Dealer is just having it full serviced and a new MOT stuck on then it will be delivered to my drive to growl at other vehicles passing by.

Thanks for all your input people.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Glad you got the warranty . You'll need it. Hopefully not but ........

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

poppypiesdad wrote:Glad you got the warranty . You'll need it. Hopefully not but ........

J
Nope, you was right, sadly for the dealer I have a few close friends in the trade, all were unable to get over with me to see the car but came to see when we got it home.
Day 2 and we had a list of things that were not right, shockingly the MOT center seemed a bit blind on a couple of things.
The big issue was the torque converter, a job which would have cost me £ 2500 at least to get fixed.
The dealer honoured his warranty and paid for the whole of the wrongs that were written on the garage note from my friends workshop.
The dealer said we could run it into our choice of mechanic and he's pay up ( Did I mention I showed him my collection of swords lol)
He also said he'd pay for the diesel that we lost when the fuel pipe came off.

Well we got it back now and my buddy has given us a years warranty on all the work done.
He actually said the thing must have cost the dealer more than he made but the car is sorted and drives like a brand new motor, we noticed the difference !

So, I hope you are right about our future problems not happening but for now we're well pleased.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack