Help me choose my new BOV

Logistics and Transport
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Help me choose my new BOV

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

womble wrote:
dannytsg wrote:...kit out the inside with everyday shtf essentials.

[snip]

IF anyone else can suggest something to add let me know
Howabout something like this:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/recharg ... ing-light/
ive got 12 in my boot...

About a month ago having had a meal out was returning home and came across a broken down car on a unlit single carrigeway (A63 so a busy road) the hazards were dim and it was between 2 bends and i only saw the 2 chaps at the off side with their backsides in my lane at the last second....

Mrs Andy quickly pipes up that someone is going to be killed before too long so play the good Samaritan as we passed you could see them jumping on a wheel brace...

so we stopped i sent mrs andy to see what the problem was (i locked the car doors and waited ;) ) i mean:

i put my mag mount strobe light on the car roof and began slinging the road flares out tapering outwards behind my car down its side and passed the broken down car (Blue and red really slow traffic) ;) now before people say you cant use blue... you can :twisted: as long as its NOT on the vehicle if you stick them / hang them / put them on your car you can be taken to the cleaners by the police... BUT on the ground they are merely a blue torch... having first passed mrs andy a high vis vest and put one on myself ....

Turns out the garage had rattled his audi wheel nuts on with a air impact wrench so tightly they had rounded the hexagon out of the Audi wheel brace.... I got my BIG 1/2 drive breaker bar out and managed to free them off whilst NEVER taking my eyes off the traffic.... once loose i let them jack the car up and swap the wheel (whilst Mrs andy advised/ supervised !) as i cracked a Cylume and used it to control the traffic which CRAWLED past at walking pace...

long story short Mrs andy took over jacking the car up and used the jack point having watched them bend the sill...

they then couldn't get the bolts back in as the wheel was 1/8 of a turn out of position so we helped them with that...

they then profusely apologised they had no money :? told them we only stopped to make sure they were safe... then as we was about to pull away having waited to see if the car would start i got 2 random cans of beer handed to me they had in the boot which they insisted i took ........
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine