Ultimate BOV anyone?

Logistics and Transport
yorkshirewolf

Re: Ultimate BOV anyone?

Post by yorkshirewolf »

Yes, it's the ultimate bug out vehicle, right until a ruthless person (or gang) put a gun to your head/knife to your neck and take the keys off you!

It sticks out like a sore thumb! and you'd have to stop somewhere for fuel, supplies, water, that'd be when you're at most risk.

i'd rather have something smaller and less obvious!
pSi

Re: Ultimate BOV anyone?

Post by pSi »

I actually agree with Ivarr Bergmann -on foot is probably best - but if you want a go anywhere vehicle -i'd opt for a Pinzgauer 4x4 or Unimog or even a Mowag Duro 4x4 - and thinking about it they might be a little to big - ya need to be discreet
defender130

Ultimate BOV anyone?

Post by defender130 »

preparedsurrey wrote:Forward control land rover 101 with the ambulance body would also be a good starting point and simple as it gets to fix, even with the original V8 in place you would expect double figure mpg!

Maybe on paper, never managed double figures from mine

They are an excellent vehicle but 8-9 mpg was about all I ever managed, even worse most of the time

I used it as an everyday vehicle for 2 weeks once going to and from work which was only about 4 miles each way and with a bit of running around over the weekend as well I went through £140 in petrol and that was over 15 years ago when petrol was a lot cheaper than now

It is now part way through a major rebuild and has a 200tdi in it which hopefully will make less thirsty and more useable once it is back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk