Ultimate BOV anyone?

Logistics and Transport
iceprep

Ultimate BOV anyone?

Post by iceprep »

It's a couple of pound out of my price range, but if I dig down the back of the sofa...

But is this the ultimate BOV?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rzone.html
The-Mendologist

Re: Ultimate BOV anyone?

Post by The-Mendologist »

iceprep wrote:It's a couple of pound out of my price range, but if I dig down the back of the sofa...

But is this the ultimate BOV?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rzone.html
At 5 miles per gallon :o

That really is a diesel guzzler.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

I bet I could build something similar based on a Bedford RL and still have change from 25k, it would be a damn sight less likely to have a computer says no moment when you really really need to change camp site!
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

lot of money , a surplus comms wagon could work as well.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
jansman

Post by jansman »

It is a nice big of kit to look at ( inside). As a BOV though?
I am just home from work, and I just spent 70 minutes in a traffic jam. When everyone runs to the hills I don't think it will matter what you drive. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

preparedsurrey wrote:I bet I could build something similar based on a Bedford RL and still have change from 25k, it would be a damn sight less likely to have a computer says no moment when you really really need to change camp site!

Oh I love the old RL, I learned to drive one in the Junior leaders decades ago
The-Mendologist

Post by The-Mendologist »

Hamradioop wrote:lot of money , a surplus comms wagon could work as well.
Good idea, also doubles up as a comms wagon :geek:
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Forward control land rover 101 with the ambulance body would also be a good starting point and simple as it gets to fix, even with the original V8 in place you would expect double figure mpg!
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Ivarr Bergmann

Post by Ivarr Bergmann »

I'm of the camp that a BOV for most ppl will be an unreliable luxury that should be enjoyed while its lasts. They really wont last long. I had a few in long years past but after time I realized they were basically a contraption that will inevitably leave me defending it and its contents on some jammed road in a traffic stop or in an ambush. My over all plans (even in South Central Alaska) are to escape the chaos of an over all collapse on foot until attrition thins out the masses and a clearer picture can be gathered to formulate a plan. Foe me the situation will be much to fluid and the freedom of foot power will win the day. This is for an all out collapse, not a disaster were the government still function and resources and law still flow..I plan to stay put. I can here in all but a total collapse with a new food chain of social order forming.

My current BOV are my Austrian army boots..
gazza171

Post by gazza171 »

i own a Bedford MK, great truck...but i would not want any bigger than that, remember in a SHTF situation, you dont want to draw too much attenntion, a old army truck might scrape by ( **** hippys) but a 100,000 pound camper is going to get a lot of people looking in your direction

my MK get around 13 mpg...and can run on old fish and chip oil...with almost no electronics to worry about...and if you have a couple of guys, you can even bump start it