rear lights

Logistics and Transport
scorpio00x

rear lights

Post by scorpio00x »

I want to put my cycle on the back of my car but I do need to add a light board. Obviously I will need to use a number plate what I need to know is what lights do I need on the light board? All the boards i been looking at have tail tights, number plate lights, indicator lights and
stop lights is that all i need?

Cheers
preparedsurrey

Re: rear lights

Post by preparedsurrey »

Ideally you need to replicate everything obstructed by the bike on the back, not many (if any) marker boards have reversing lights, some may have fog lamps.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

If your trailer board has triangular reflectors on it they should be removed to make it legal.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Stop / tail / indicators / number plate.... and as Hoipoloi says red rectangular / square reflectors (i told a traffic cop who was unaware of this this a few years ago on the A64 when i got pulled for a "check if your bike is properly secure as we have had a few fall off) he liked my overhang board too

I'd get some LED clusters (and load resistors) as the bulbs in lighting boards dont last 2 minutes with them flapping about....

Reversing lights do not need to be on there (and they do not form part of the MOT)

Even small trailers do not need a fog lamp... unless they are more than 1.3 m wide... but worth having...

I would buy this personally:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-FT-Trailer- ... 5d4b1db529

( i have the same clusters on my trailer) and my car is like the ford focus with the really low fog lamp..
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
scorpio00x

Post by scorpio00x »

sorry for late reply, thanks guys

YA i got those LED ones. works v well

Thanks again guys
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

:)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine