vehicle for bugging out

Logistics and Transport
ForgeCorvus

Re: vehicle for bugging out

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Stasher wrote:
unsure wrote:horse , not a bad idea , use it to get out , then when you get there ,, dinner . sounds cruel but is meat after all .
Horse meat is delicious, given a choice I would eat it in preference to cow meat any day of the week. It's a total mystery to me why people are so precious about eating horses (geldings not included :lol: )

Back on topic, my BOV (during armageddon) would have to be shanks's pony...................... :D
Can't eat that ........ Or should I say you shouldn't eat that :lol:

BOT: If the car is unavailable (its Herself's rather then mine) I'd be using my bike, either riding it or like this
Last edited by ForgeCorvus on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Stasher wrote:
unsure wrote:horse , not a bad idea , use it to get out , then when you get there ,, dinner . sounds cruel but is meat after all .
Horse meat is delicious, given a choice I would eat it in preference to cow meat any day of the week. It's a total mystery to me why people are so precious about eating horses (geldings not included :lol: )

Back on topic, my BOV (during armageddon) would have to be shanks's pony...................... :D
If you are hungry enough I doubt you would be worrying about what it was, should TSHTF there are enough feral and semi feral cats around here to have a decent meal every night for a good long time... :o
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

preparedsurrey wrote:
Stasher wrote:

If you are hungry enough I doubt you would be worrying about what it was, should TSHTF there are enough feral and semi feral cats around here to have a decent meal every night for a good long time... :o
You're right, it's shocking to think of eating a small, furry, purry cat. BUT, realistically, I know I would if I had to. Maybe that's the difference between preppers and sheeple, we are more realisitc about the decisions we may have to make. And maybe, we have already made those decisions just by discussing and thinking about scenarios. I do not believe armageddon is just round the corner, that is not what I prep for, but that doesn't mean I'm not a survivalist - even if I'm not into wild camping with minimilist gear. I'm too bloody minded to give up easily.............
Knowledge is power
easy rider

Post by easy rider »

Ive been off road in a few road cars with some sucsess. Im not sure one vehicle would suit my needs.
Potentialy 5 people ,food equipment ,i couldnt leave my big dogs either .

Ide love a 4x but normal day to day life doesnt warrant it.something that consearnes me is we have 3 cars all larfe saloons yes plenty storage ,roof boxes so on butnim not sure ide feel safe splitting my family up into 3 cars ,mrs and 4 daughters kind of plays havock in my mind if one got held up for some reason.
One thing im sorting is car to car comms ,i see this as pretty important to me as im sure in any event phones will be off line possibly.
Def agree diesel is the fuel of choice.