vehicle for bugging out

Logistics and Transport
Yorkshire Andy

Re: vehicle for bugging out

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Next you will be saying its a fixxie Jansman ;-)

Great security too mate had his bike nicked whilst he got a morning paper chased scrote riding on his bike then scrote tried to round a corner said scrote got ejected by the bike :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
unsure

Post by unsure »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Next you will be saying its a fixxie Jansman ;-)

Great security too mate had his bike nicked whilst he got a morning paper chased scrote riding on his bike then scrote tried to round a corner said scrote got ejected by the bike :mrgreen:
and did said scrote get a visit from the toe end of a size 9 :lol:
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
jansman

Post by jansman »

Ha ha! :D yes it is! ;)
You soon learn to ride a fixie, as it shows you who is boss very quickly. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

unsure wrote:

and did said scrote get a visit from the toe end of a size 9 :lol:
More like a size 12.. Everyone has a big mate I'm only a short arse but he is a big 18 ish stone 6' something brick toilet and he played rugby for his town ...... He got a good "reminder" why stealing is not a good occupation

jansman

Post by jansman »

I was on Jury Service some years ago. There were two of us who were keen cyclists. We got called to jury against an industrial bike thief. Guess what that verdict was? :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Did you or the other jury member tie the noose in the old innertube?

Or was owning with bombers mentioned (if you frequented a big bike forum 10 or so years ago you'll understand that mrazocci (SPL) bomber forks were rather heavy ;-)

Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

OK, just thinking out loud a bit.

1) Nuke/s go off then this topic is largely irrelevant.
2) We are self confessed preppers/survivalists so we 'should' have our radar out working at detecting trends that would force us to leave our homes. If the event actual has begun then the road network will become more unusable with every passing hour. In the event of our pre-event radar tipping us off then I would use a vehicle to get me to where I'm wanting to get.
3) the Event Actual has sprung itself upon us without showing trends that the prepping/survivalist radar had time to pick up, I'd still take vehicle/s because if I only got 5 miles up the road it would still be 5 miles I did not have to carry my BOB and the kit required to move a family unit of 10.
4) I was a builder for 32 years and I could use the back-double roads to get out of london into my home in Chelmsford when the M25 or M11 and A12 were at a standstill. I am also pretty capable of doing the same in most directions of the compass from my home location. PS; when the above roads were at standstill I hardly saw another vehicle on the back-doubles and country roads.
5) I'll go out on a limb here and state that as our bug out convoy would ideally need 3 vehicles it is our intention, as heads of the family prepping group, to make sure we can get a man enough 4 x 4 to act as a tow/pull out vehicle should one of our vehicles develop problems or get stuck.
6) I intend, as best as possible, to avoid large cities and towns as I basically don't trust people at the best of times let alone when they are in panic mode, a large city or town is just upping your potential problem load.
7) there are things like comms that need carrying and recharging systems, all very important in a non-nuke scenario which may call for gradual reestablishment of communities and community needs.

That's where I stand on this one at this moment.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

What about a pony and trap? No fuel required just grass to graze on and plenty of water :)
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

That is of course if the pony has been trained to pull a cart , many riding horses/ponies whatever breed or size are not suitable mainly due to them being scared , we have had many a pony /horse that we just can't break to pulling a cart,riding not a issue , however if you start young and the mare is broken to the cart and have the foal loose beside her it then becomes second nature to it . There is a bit more than just grass and water , shelter and beddding for example . But yes I could see a day when the transport museums are emptied of steam engines and brought back into service and horses and carts are the norm .

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Not directly concerned with using horses as a bug out option but more concentrating on replacing motor transport this makes for an interesting read , apparently just to replace the farm tractors in the US would require 23million horses.
http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2008/04/ ... icult.html