Car Carry

Logistics and Transport
dazthechippy

Re: Car Carry

Post by dazthechippy »

I like the idea of two kits, I've got an extended EDC / GHB with one days worth of gear and rations in it contained in a small civvy type daysack and the other one is a 30l pack with goretex bivvy bag, sleeping mat, small cooker, spare clothes and extra rations etc.

Whats interesting are socks - I work on a pair a day and carry foot powder too so I can dry them out at night when I sleep. its always possible to wash socks too - although not with drinking water and sometimes air drying is suffient. Oh and a good pair of nail clippers and blister kit too !!

Longest walk home for me would be 90 miles is - Bristol to North Hampshire, so M4 corridor, I'm working out a route without using the M4 motorway as every man and his dog'd be on it and as nice as my fellow human beings are I'd want to avoid them when they're in freak out mode...

ANyone got any good foot maintenance tips - maybe any of the military folks on here?
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Buy good boots , and keep them polished/dubbing /dressing, use them weekly and keep spare laces for them as well , we would all have our favourite boots / manufacturer, but personal preference usually wins .

J
and you can never have too many pairs of socks .
I love new socks , I really do but im strange anyway .
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

poppypiesdad wrote:Buy good boots , and keep them polished/dubbing /dressing, use them weekly and keep spare laces for them as well , we would all have our favourite boots / manufacturer, but personal preference usually wins .

J
and you can never have too many pairs of socks .
I love new socks , I really do but im strange anyway .
Before I left the Navy I was building up my sock supply and I'll probably never have to buy a pair of thick socks ever again. I'll second your socks/spare laces policy.
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

dazthechippy wrote:I like the idea of two kits, I've got an extended EDC / GHB with one days worth of gear and rations in it contained in a small civvy type daysack and the other one is a 30l pack with goretex bivvy bag, sleeping mat, small cooker, spare clothes and extra rations etc.

Whats interesting are socks - I work on a pair a day and carry foot powder too so I can dry them out at night when I sleep. its always possible to wash socks too - although not with drinking water and sometimes air drying is suffient. Oh and a good pair of nail clippers and blister kit too !!

Longest walk home for me would be 90 miles is - Bristol to North Hampshire, so M4 corridor, I'm working out a route without using the M4 motorway as every man and his dog'd be on it and as nice as my fellow human beings are I'd want to avoid them when they're in freak out mode...

ANyone got any good foot maintenance tips - maybe any of the military folks on here?
i hadnt thought about foot powder, nail clippers and blister kit!

ive got some half decent boots already, spent my adult life, all 9 years of it, in either work boots or hiking boots so im comfy with what i have bootwise
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!