My new BOV

Logistics and Transport
Warbow

My new BOV

Post by Warbow »

Just picked up my new BOV, an ex-army Land Rover 110 FFR, I've had a lot of experience with these and been looking for the right one for a long time, I spent most of my Army carrer either in a tank or one of these so very happy, I plan to try and maintain as much of its military integrity as possible as well as making it a practical living/camping space too.

Photos to follow as the project develops.
Failing to plan is planning to fail
ForgeCorvus

Re: My new BOV

Post by ForgeCorvus »

So, something like this then?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Warbow

Post by Warbow »

Not far off, yes, except mine's an FFR with hardtop not an ambulance, that definitely looks the part though.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I offered that as a possible end-point rather then what you have now. ;)

If I ever start running my own car again, its (hopefully) either going to be a Landy or a Swedish Brick
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Warbow

Post by Warbow »

Nice one, thanks for that. Problem with that size hardtop is the height, it won't go under car park barriers, I'd allready considered an ambulance but the height issue precludes it, same with a soft top, security precludes that too. Hopefully I've got the balance right with this one and no doubt time will tell.

Post by 90. »

cool project i'll look forward to it.
I fancy the idea of building a 110 based camper as a bit of a winter project
have fun
Warbow

Post by Warbow »

I've got loads of photos of interiors that other people have done should you ever require them as a reference and also found this on Youtube, this is a pretty good conversion;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOTFY8RVf4g

I'm trying to find a compromise between keeping the military integrity and purpose of a radio/command vehicle and converting it into a comfortable living space too, whatever the outcome I know it's going to be a lot more comfortable than a tank...

And cheaper on fuel too (Hopefully)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Warbow, I'm just wondering, what would be your tipping out, to use your BOV to actually bug out? Where (roughly) would you go?
Warbow

Post by Warbow »

I've got 4 areas in mind, all going to be properly and more fully recced soon, areas based around North Wales, Cumbria, Keilder and Scotland. Places I've been travelling to for years and know quite well. I know some areas off the lesser known routes and areas where I can disappear without being seen and stay there for quite a while before I feel the need to resurface. So that would put me in areas 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Warbow

Post by Warbow »

BOV Photos, early days yet, lots of work to be done to the interior.

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/Lone_Wo ... t=3&page=1