looking at getting a 4x4 & looking for your opinions..

Logistics and Transport
Yorkshire Andy

Re: looking at getting a 4x4 & looking for your opinions..

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

If your after something bigger in terms of load area the duster at best is comparable to the focus but you don't get the flat load area with the seats down nor are the rear seat backs solid on the duster unlike the focus (dads had a mk1b 2001 estate and a mk2 b 2010 currently oh and I have a mk1 facelift duster

Also the boot in the duster has a lip which stops stuff rolling out but no good for say sliding a washing machine in for example.. .
Also the duster comes with a parcel shelf over a roller blind

I looked at the 4x4 duster but the £2k up charge plus increased servicing cost along with less MPG led me to the 2 wheel drive varient... Never got my super mini stuck before the duster but decent tyres solved that issue I like the fact the duster comes with cross over road / light offroad tyres which seem to hook up OK... But avoid the mk1varients as the Indian built ones lacked decent rustproofing

But when all said and done a focus can't do this safely

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
unsure

Post by unsure »

discovery 1 , all day . easy to fix and runs on veg oil . stay away from the td5 , they have way to many elec sensors .
i have to admit i`m biased , ive just done 500 miles in mine and had no issues .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry »

I have 2 P38 Range rovers parked outside, a knackered 2.5 diesel which needs quite a lot of work and it's replacement a 4.6 petrol. Love the petrol, hate the mpg... The diesel was our old 4x4 ambulance ( now the petrols job) had a load of work done to the front end and a new clutch. It needs a lot doing to it though, new suspension included.

Will the P38 run on veg oil? If it does I have just found my BOV, after a little tlc.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

What engine is in the diesel and what injection pump is it, Bosch you're in with a chance Lucas don't try it unless you have thin veg and run 50/50 with derv anything else and sooner rather than later you will be fitting a new pump.
Personally I'd go for the V8 and lpg it you can always run an upside down propane bottle if it's Teotwawki...
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....