I finally got a BOV.

Logistics and Transport
JOE90

Re: I finally got a BOV.

Post by JOE90 »

We'll I thought I would update where I am with this. It's been used mostly everyday since buying it it and has been very reliable. I check it over once a week for oil,water etc. It's spot on for my needs, it's the most stress free car I've owned. It looks shabby but all the better for it. It won't turn heads or win beauty contests and definatly blends in. I'm still working on the roof rack, it's slow progress but progress all the same. I blanked off the EGR valve today as they do more harm than good. I'm also working towards veg oil as fuel too. These are overlooked cars IMO and definatly need consideration.
Rearfang

Post by Rearfang »

I may take another look at a Frountera for myself or it's bigger brother the montery
JOE90

Post by JOE90 »

Both good vehicles, just if you get the Monterey make sure it's the 3.1 not the 3.0. The 3.0 is the common rail motor and the have a problem with injectors that trashes the engine.
Rearfang

Post by Rearfang »

I will bare that in mind
J23

Post by J23 »

And I just keep fit and spend money on more important things than 4x4. And once shtf I will find prepper in fancy bov an Will take his bov (usualy some old 4x4 bought for last pennies iso taking wife And kids once in a lifetime for holidays to Spain),supplies and bugout location (I know it will be the one that was made to look abandoned and unused) ;). And I will know it is a prepper as he will be dressed in military like clothes (prepper can't wear jeans or track bottoms)
So keep prepping guys, the more of you the better ;)and once shtf you will recognise me as I will be running on streets dressed as power ranger (the green one whatever his name) ;)
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

I'm sure you know this, but:

Keep on top of cambelt replacement, if in doubt, change it.

Might be worth flushing the cooling system if you haven't already done it.

And while you're doing that, have a good look at cooling hoses and replace any suspect ones.

Enjoy.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

J23 wrote:And I just keep fit and spend money on more important things than 4x4. And once shtf I will find prepper in fancy bov an Will take his bov (usualy some old 4x4 bought for last pennies iso taking wife And kids once in a lifetime for holidays to Spain),supplies and bugout location (I know it will be the one that was made to look abandoned and unused) ;). And I will know it is a prepper as he will be dressed in military like clothes (prepper can't wear jeans or track bottoms)
So keep prepping guys, the more of you the better ;)and once shtf you will recognise me as I will be running on streets dressed as power ranger (the green one whatever his name) ;)
I don't understand this post. It seems to suggest that you are not a prepper yourself. If this is the case, why are you on this forum? This post is pretty inflammatory.

You are behaving more like an internet troll than a member of this community. Not only that, but you seem to think it is fine to steal someone's vehicle, by force if required. I am not sure what your motivations are to be honest.
JOE90

Post by JOE90 »

featherstick wrote:I'm sure you know this, but:

Keep on top of cambelt replacement, if in doubt, change it.

Might be worth flushing the cooling system if you haven't already done it.

And while you're doing that, have a good look at cooling hoses and replace any suspect ones.

Enjoy.
I don't need to worry about a cam belt as it doesn't have one,it doesn't even have a cam chain. Everything is driven by gears. I always keep on top of my maintenance. When I get a new(to me) car, I have a series of things I check over and replace or service. I was lucky in that the last owner spent a small fortune on the cooling system shortly before he sold it :lol:
JOE90

Post by JOE90 »

itsybitsy wrote:
J23 wrote:And I just keep fit and spend money on more important things than 4x4. And once shtf I will find prepper in fancy bov an Will take his bov (usualy some old 4x4 bought for last pennies iso taking wife And kids once in a lifetime for holidays to Spain),supplies and bugout location (I know it will be the one that was made to look abandoned and unused) ;). And I will know it is a prepper as he will be dressed in military like clothes (prepper can't wear jeans or track bottoms)
I don't understand this post. It seems to suggest that you are not a prepper yourself. If this is the case, why are you on this forum? This post is pretty inflammatory.

You are behaving more like an internet troll than a member of this community. Not only that, but you seem to think it is fine to steal someone's vehicle, by force if required. I am not sure what your motivations are to be honest.
I had to laugh at this "trolls" post. If you look at most of what he posts, he lacks the ability to string a sentence together. Either that or his keyboard is gummed up from bodily fluids brought on from the "other" websites he visits.
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

I think I smell a troll! Sadly (fortunately for us), you will be very disappointed, since very few preppers wear military style clothes (I must dig out my top with the large arrow and "PREPPER" on it :lol: !) and I would guess that very few have 4x4s. Your sweeping generalisations will get you nowhere. One can only wonder why you googled "prepper" in the first place if you're not remotely interested. I think we have to feel just a bit sorry for someone who's just a nasty wee toe rag and a waste of space. I suspect you've already come to the attention of your local bobbies. I hope they're keeping an eye on you.