Face shields

Medical and Healthcare
Nurseandy

Re: Face shields

Post by Nurseandy »

grenfell wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:08 pm Nurseandy seeing as you seem clued up about all this , another question if i may.
I recently did some work at a customer's house . I was outside but she asked me if i could move a couple of pieces of furniture inside the house. Because i was entering the house of two elderly people she gave me a mask to wear just to be on the safe side. It was one of these sort of things https://www.amazon.co.uk/HYC02-Pcs-Pack ... 2440&psc=1
Now i understand the single use idea of these masks . On this occasion i wore the mask for perhaps ten minutes maximum and was probably less than that. Does that class as a single use and the mask should be dumped or is it perfectly safe to use again ? It is after all practically new . Oh and i did a test this week and got the results yesterday , negative for the virus.
Hi grenfell, thank you but lets not go that far! ;-)
Sadly and as wasteful as it seems, yes, that would count as single use and it should be discarded.
I suppose the best way to view it is they cost 20p each and that elderly couple are somebody's parents and little peoples grandparents so why risk reusing something designed for single use?
grenfell

Re: Face shields

Post by grenfell »

Well if you're not actually an expert at least it seems you have your mask covered head screwed on.
I suppose it's right that any use constitutes a single use even if for a few minutes. I've always been brought up not to be wasteful even if things only cost pennies so throwing away what seems perfectly fine does go against the grain for me. This pandemic does seem to be forcing a change of behaviour in many respects.
The masks in the link do seem quite common alongside the cloth ones but it makes me wonder just how many of those masks are reused for several days without replacement or cleaning. Interesting read https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellne ... r-BB14CZUn