B12 injections

Medical and Healthcare
dizzydays

Re: B12 injections

Post by dizzydays »

diamond lil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:24 pm No dizzydays, you need your injections and if you push your doctor's surgery and be firm, you should still get it. Offer to take away the vial and syringe and get a friend to inject you or inject yourself - there are videos on youtube. You need that B12.
Hi Lil.....I've tried - told them I'm a nurse and just gimme the vial I'll do it myself but they wouldn't budge. If you look at the pernicious anaemia site it's a problem across England, although Wales seem to have got a handle on it. I'm hoping it won't go on much longer but it was definitely a shock to be refused it. I might email the local area health authority and see what they have to say.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think I would, and also email your MP. It's a deadly disease and going short will knock you back for months.
Up here in Scotland there seems to be mostly no change that I can see.
jansman

Post by jansman »

dizzydays wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm
diamond lil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:24 pm No dizzydays, you need your injections and if you push your doctor's surgery and be firm, you should still get it. Offer to take away the vial and syringe and get a friend to inject you or inject yourself - there are videos on youtube. You need that B12.
Hi Lil.....I've tried - told them I'm a nurse and just gimme the vial I'll do it myself but they wouldn't budge. If you look at the pernicious anaemia site it's a problem across England, although Wales seem to have got a handle on it. I'm hoping it won't go on much longer but it was definitely a shock to be refused it. I might email the local area health authority and see what they have to say.
I would push that. You don’t have regular injections for no reason. This damned Covid is masking REAL health issues. There are other health problems! My wife has had her next phase of post cancer treatment cancelled because of it. And don’t start me off on needing a dentist!!!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

I hear you Jansman - I had my post cancer follow up cancelled and rearranged for July. It'll be interesting to see if the blood marker test for that is deemed 'non essential'. And if I am allowed in to the surgery for the blood test, you'd think while I'm in there they could do the B12!! I've sent a few sharp emails off in the meantime, so we'll see.

You can't prep for 'bonkers' can you.
jansman

Post by jansman »

dizzydays wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm I hear you Jansman - I had my post cancer follow up cancelled and rearranged for July. It'll be interesting to see if the blood marker test for that is deemed 'non essential'. And if I am allowed in to the surgery for the blood test, you'd think while I'm in there they could do the B12!! I've sent a few sharp emails off in the meantime, so we'll see.

You can't prep for 'bonkers' can you.
No you can’t prep for bonkers. It bothers me badly that the economy has been trashed because of a virus. The death rate is no higher than seasonal flu, and certainly, no higher than the daily cancer death rate. We didn’t shut the economic system down forAIDS in the 80’s - and God knows that was DEFINITELY a social distancing issue! Classic case of The System protecting itself. I get that, but the economic cost is beyond belief.

Robert Frost.

Me.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

I would politely disagree with Jansman about the covid. While the true death rate is still not known, I am in London where the infection rate was high. I have seen a lot more prayer requests from church for friends and family affected by covid in recent weeks than the same church group ever generates for cancer and flu.

My family take the Amazon B12 sublingual tabs (labelled high strength methylcobalamin ) with noticeable benefit so I am pretty sure they work. I would suggest that anyone dependent on the injections checks them out and if helpful, keeps some in their meds stockpile as a backup plan.
jansman

Post by jansman »

GillyBee wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 pm I would politely disagree with Jansman about the covid. While the true death rate is still not known, I am in London where the infection rate was high. I have seen a lot more prayer requests from church for friends and family affected by covid in recent weeks than the same church group ever generates for cancer and flu.

My family take the Amazon B12 sublingual tabs (labelled high strength methylcobalamin ) with noticeable benefit so I am pretty sure they work. I would suggest that anyone dependent on the injections checks them out and if helpful, keeps some in their meds stockpile as a backup plan.
I understand and accept your view. Totally. However, when Cancer visits your house, it’s scary. We have been scared. After cancer, nothing phases you.

Robert Frost.

Me.
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

Mmm....I think (respectfully Jansman) that the flu death rate is 0.1% - they think Covid is much higher than this -maybe 3 - 4% . That 's a lot if you're talking global numbers. And another concern is the people who have recovered after weeks and weeks in hospital with organ damage - lungs/kidneys/hearts. Who knows yet the impact that will have on their longterm health.

The cancer thing - yep that's scary. I think the first time I sat in the chemo chair and watched that toxic stuff heading into my veins was the most terrified I've ever been in my life. I used to give that stuff to patients years ago and I'm ashamed to say I never really considered the fear. I thought I did - but I really had no clue. Now I just feel that I'd be really pee'd off if I went through all that and then died of this damn stupid virus! :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

dizzydays wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:37 pm Mmm....I think (respectfully Jansman) that the flu death rate is 0.1% - they think Covid is much higher than this -maybe 3 - 4% . That 's a lot if you're talking global numbers. And another concern is the people who have recovered after weeks and weeks in hospital with organ damage - lungs/kidneys/hearts. Who knows yet the impact that will have on their longterm health.

The cancer thing - yep that's scary. I think the first time I sat in the chemo chair and watched that toxic stuff heading into my veins was the most terrified I've ever been in my life. I used to give that stuff to patients years ago and I'm ashamed to say I never really considered the fear. I thought I did - but I really had no clue. Now I just feel that I'd be really pee'd off if I went through all that and then died of this damn stupid virus! :lol:
I can’t argue, and won’t. I absolutely understand your concerns. I have ( and my wife especially) , a very pragmatic approach to life:that is ,that one day we all die. If I don’t, I’ll be the the first bloke to get out alive! In the meantime, keep yourself safe.

Robert Frost.

Me.
dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

You too Jansman :)