Next Stage First Aid Course

Medical and Healthcare
Medusa

Re: Next Stage First Aid Course

Post by Medusa »

The description of the course should tell you if it applies to the workplace. Red Cross and St Johns usually do, but just check. First aid is first aid,and the workplace course is suited to all real- life situations. At the end of the day there is one way for a first aider to deal with a ( for instance) a non - breather ...and I did that today!
They were incredibly lucky to have you around and I really hope that their outcome was good. I hope that you are ok too, Refreshed my EFAW course a couple of weeks ago, having the baby sized resus dummies to practice on was reassuring, even more so now I have grandchildren. Had a call from Father in law in the early hours recently saying his wife, my Mother in Law was unresponsive. She was responsive, just, but very much not with it. She has Type 1 Diabetes and by all accounts hasn't been monitoring her blood sugar levels properly. From experience at work I guessed that her blood sugars were low, bit of sugary food did the trick after checking her levels and blood pressure also. Had a bit of a strict chat about looking after herself as this was the second incident in two weeks. As a side note and not particularly related the ASIST suicide intervention training is well worth doing if you have the opportunity. A colleague took the course and was met with an incident of the kind she had just learned about on the way home from training.
Growing old disgracefully!