Overnighter

Medical and Healthcare
peejay

Overnighter

Post by peejay »

I suspect the OH might finally be getting on board with having an overnight/2-night bag permanently ready. Her back had been in declining health this week and suddenly took a turn for worst yesterday resulting in calling an ambulance in the early hours of this morning with excruciating pain & she's now languishing in hospital whilst they try to figure out WTH is wrong with her (some sort of infection, can't nail down cause so far).

I had to grab what I could think of & stuff in a bag on-the-fly which resulted in a mish-mash of non-matching PJ's which her ladyship REALLY does not approve of apparently, plus other random stuff. Oh & of course the ones I picked are the ones she hates too :-/

So, first thing she's doing when she gets home as far as I'm concerned is gathering what SHE considers the essentials, even if it means buying extras or whatever, & I shall be making the daughter do the same too.

I shall be doing the same tomorrow too...
Deeps

Re: Overnighter

Post by Deeps »

Well done if you've had a breakthrough. Hope she's ok mate.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

A hospital bag seems so unnecessary until it's necessary :( sorry to hear she's in such pain, and I hope it can all get sorted out really quickly.
Panther

Post by Panther »

peejay wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:39 pm So, first thing she's doing when she gets home as far as I'm concerned is gathering what SHE considers the essentials
I notice you've emphasized "what SHE considers the essentials." That has set me wondering what my OH would put in a bag of "essentials." I think I'll have to try and work the conversation round to this topic sometime and get her to list what she would put in such a bag. Hopefully lots of chocolate! ;)
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
peejay

Post by peejay »

Ho yus - I'm under no illusions that I'd be dictating every item going into her bag ;-)

ON the positive side, I was discussing it with our daughter today and without prompting she said that she'll have a think about items for such a bag too so, slowly slowly getting there with them...
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

peejay wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:18 pm Ho yus - I'm under no illusions that I'd be dictating every item going into her bag ;-)

ON the positive side, I was discussing it with our daughter today and without prompting she said that she'll have a think about items for such a bag too so, slowly slowly getting there with them...
That's all you can do, my Penelope Pitstop now just assumes that I'll magic up whatever she needs after a good few years of generally managing to do it. She's still derisive about the 'shit' I carry in my pockets though. All you can do is keep at it, that's what I'm doing anyway.