What a day!

Medical and Healthcare
ukpreppergrrl

Re: What a day!

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Well done jansman! Proper prepper in action! Equipped with the right gear and the right know-how. And a timely reminder for the rest of us - I have just got a second vehicle and am stocking it with the required equipment like hazard triangle, high-viz vest and completely forgot about the first aid kit! :shock:
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
jansman

Post by jansman »

Had a visit from Health and Safety Executive today. They quizzed me about the event, and that’s all I know - apart from the gaffer having a face like a Gravediggers Dog when they left! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:38 pm Had a visit from Health and Safety Executive today. They quizzed me about the event, and that’s all I know - apart from the gaffer having a face like a Gravediggers Dog when they left! :lol:
"So sir why did you have a field dressing in your pocket?". ;)

What were their questions? (Curious as a first aider at work)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:29 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:38 pm Had a visit from Health and Safety Executive today. They quizzed me about the event, and that’s all I know - apart from the gaffer having a face like a Gravediggers Dog when they left! :lol:
"So sir why did you have a field dressing in your pocket?". ;)

What were their questions? (Curious as a first aider at work)
I have worked with edged tools and machinery for 40 years,and when an accident happens ,it happens fast! I have seen some injuries down the years,and sustained a couple!...is what I said.

All they asked me,was about my part in the incident.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Bet your boss was gurning at the "attendance fee" think your looking at £300+ per visit as they often tour round in pairs before any improvement notices ect are issued and more costs added

http://www.hse.gov.uk/fee-for-intervention/

And the clock starts from when they leave the office from what our HS consultant told me

jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 pm Bet your boss was gurning at the "attendance fee" think your looking at £300+ per visit as they often tour round in pairs before any improvement notices ect are issued and more costs added

And the clock starts from when they leave the office from what our HS consultant told me
Oh yes! As ( former) manager,I am also aware of the lack of documented training,and risk assessments.Could well be a fine and a compensation claim.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 pm Bet your boss was gurning at the "attendance fee" think your looking at £300+ per visit as they often tour round in pairs before any improvement notices ect are issued and more costs added

Oh yes! As ( former) manager,I am also aware of the lack of documented training,and risk assessments.Could well be a fine and a compensation claim.
Bet his bottom fell out when they started rattling off offences...

I'm NEBOSH general cert qualified... Work didn't listen to me when I pointef things out when i started I sat back .. accident later HSE involved it's now costing them £600 pcm for a health and safety consultant to do what I would have done for a few quid an hour more..... And he visits site bi- monthly leaves a "to do" list and leaves

richardivryn

Post by richardivryn »

We have a guy come in every 6 months but I'm shure he walks around with his eyes closed.
Area 12