medical equipment at home

Medical and Healthcare
Nurseandy

Re: medical equipment at home

Post by Nurseandy »

Feeling outgunned here ;) my medical kit comprises of gloves, loperamide and tea towels. Thankfully noone in the house is on prescription meds otherwise we'd have them too.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:14 pm
jansman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm What sort of gear,stonecarver?
I'm wondering that too - I can't see anything at the lidl website about it.

As for what I keep already - lots of otc stuff, lots of bandages of various sorts, lots of dressings. No haemostatic stuff yet - I've seen so many discussions about which type/influences etc, and I need some proper research before I spend any dosh.

I have 2 x 24 litre plastic crates of stuff, which seems a lot to me :shock: but probably isn't with all the gearheads on here :mrgreen:
Arzosah I use the app and it goes further out than website. 23.09.18 is when stuff comes out
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks stonecarver - I've diarised that.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Stock up on sterile gauze pads... You can improvise bandages but clean pads to put onto a wound need to be good........

You can soon go through a pack of 25 changing a dressing 2x a day

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00QGQ ... ref=plSrch
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm Stock up on sterile gauze pads... You can improvise bandages but clean pads to put onto a wound need to be good........

Thanks for that. Will stock up
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm Stock up on sterile gauze pads... You can improvise bandages but clean pads to put onto a wound need to be good........

You have any good places to get lots of bandages from?
Jansman
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Keep an eye In Lidl for their car fak they have lots of stuff in usually for£4.99
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Stonecarver wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Bit of a cliche but keep your eye on ebay and amazon mate. There are some good offers from time to time, same for most things.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Deeps wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 pm
Stonecarver wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Bit of a cliche but keep your eye on ebay and amazon mate. There are some good offers from time to time, same for most things.
Ashamed to say I dont really shop on ebay. Bad episode long ago.I try to minimise my amazon buys. Last choice. Looked at mylar bags and saw were from fresherpack. Went directly to fresherpack and bought from there. Stuff like that. Plus Yorkshire Andy kind enough to point good place ;)
Jansman
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Stonecarver wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm
Ashamed to say I dont really shop on ebay. Bad episode long ago.I try to minimise my amazon buys. Last choice. Looked at mylar bags and saw were from fresherpack. Went directly to fresherpack and bought from there. Stuff like that. Plus Yorkshire Andy kind enough to point good place ;)
Fair do's, whatever works. I stopped using ebay several years ago because my account got hacked and some random lassie got ripped off. Nothing to do with me but it put me off. Started using it 3 or 4 years ago though and its a different experience, probably due to Amazon, even when some 'small change' stuff from China doesn't arrive they don't quibble and I've never been out of pocket.

Definitely worth shopping around though.