YOYO Time!

Medical and Healthcare
jansman

YOYO Time!

Post by jansman »

You are On Your Own.YOYO.AT 2.30 AM today there was a loud thump on the stairs.Youngest has low blood pressure,and she jumped out of bed,fainted,and ended up ,upside down on the stairs.She kept drifting in and out of consciousness,and appeared to have hurt her back.An ambulance was called,only to be told they were busy.YOYO time! We established ,when she was conscious,that there was no spinal injury - although she had banged her head.

We could not leave her there,propped and ledged on the stairs.Its narrow and steep.From somewhere I found Herculean strength enough to lift her into the living room.Amazing what you do when you have to.

Medics were an hour later,and were fantastic! They checked her out,and then bussed her into hospital,as she smacked her head,where she will be tested for potential problems.

Anyhow,it brought home the need for basic first aid training, ( which we have), as had it been life threatening,then the ambulance delay could have proved fatal.What a day its been!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Re: YOYO Time!

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Not the test of your first aid skills you would have wanted im sure, so well done acting under such personal pressure. It's somehow different when its one of your own. Hope shes OK and on the mend.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Thanks Arwen.All will be well.Its the fact that there was an ambulance delay,and that really polarised the situation.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Hope she's fine mate, must have been a bit tense. Agree that First Aid training is important, sadly I'm quite a bit out of date now, from time to time I look for cheap courses, time to look again.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh jansman! You poor thing, and your poor daughter :(

It sounds like she's still in hospital?

You're right about that ambulance delay ... at one time, a delay like that would have been headline news, too. First Aid course is needed. There's so much!

Hope you can all catch up on your sleep a bit tonight.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I've got 3 day first aid at work but from here and other places it covers the "ideal world" situations not the "perfect storm"

Such as not splinting a broken leg leave for the pros etc.....

Sam splint for family work mates get left laying how they fell ....for example

Hope the youngest is recovering well
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:17 pm Oh jansman! You poor thing, and your poor daughter :(

It sounds like she's still in hospital?

You're right about that ambulance delay ... at one time, a delay like that would have been headline news, too. First Aid course is needed. There's so much!

Hope you can all catch up on your sleep a bit tonight.
Yes,she is still in hospital.You are right about headline news too.And you are right about sleep! She will have tests today,and hopefully come home,as I guess they need the bed.

Robert Frost.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Glad she's finally at hospital. Congrats on your training kicking in, some people have been known to freeze.

Hope she's well enough to come home soon.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Just fetched her home.She says she feels like a pincushion! Got to wait for test results now...Main thing is,she feels a lot better. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Sorry to hear about your daughter jansman
Hope she gets better soon. As for the delay I would imagine the ambulance will have come from a fair distance away? Was talking to a paramedic other day and he said that people had to come come to Dundee A&E if they live in pitlochry which is a fair distance away. Seems that closing of local emergency centres to save money is the thing now. Personally think there should be emergency personnel stationed all over the place. Get more paramedics trained and stationed
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman