YOYO Time!

Medical and Healthcare
Deeps

Re: YOYO Time!

Post by Deeps »

Stonecarver wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 pm Sorry to hear about your daughter jansman
Hope she gets better soon. As for the delay I would imagine the ambulance will have come from a fair distance away? Was talking to a paramedic other day and he said that people had to come come to Dundee A&E if they live in pitlochry which is a fair distance away. Seems that closing of local emergency centres to save money is the thing now. Personally think there should be emergency personnel stationed all over the place. Get more paramedics trained and stationed
Bloody hell, that's a fair hike and an expensive taxi if that's your alternative to an ambulance. There is a minor injuries clinic in Pitlochry but it shuts at 9PM. Seems there's only minor injuries in Perth too, that's VERY surprising that they don't have an A&E. A quick google suggests its 51 miles from Pitlochry to Dundee. :o
jansman

Post by jansman »

We are rural,but not remote.We have an ambulance/fire station 4 miles away.The medics told us that the delays are a combination of heavy demand and heavy duty cutbacks.As crews retire,or resign,they said that they are not replaced if it can be got away with!

I really feel for folks up in rural Scotland or Wales.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

And its happening everywhere, more and more. Nine years ago, in mid Sussex, a family member had need of an intensive care bed. The only option was a transfer to St George's Tooting, which at least was the right side of the Thames :( Although it was so urgent, the issue of which health authority provided the ambulance was a subject of some discussion :(
Tizzie

Post by Tizzie »

Wishing a speedy recovery to your Daughter, hope the results of the tests are okay.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Its funny how you assume things and they turn up all wrong. Who knows what else we all assume until we have to use or need them. :?
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman