Over focussing on the obvious Medicine supplies

Medical and Healthcare
jansman

Re: Over focussing on the obvious Medicine supplies

Post by jansman »

Fag and tweezers does it too.Although proper tick spray is very effective.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Errm.... Heating a tick is a bad idea.
They tend to regurgitate when you shock them, basically injecting you with whatever nasties they're carrying.

By tick spray do you mean a preventative or is it something to make them 'unlatch' ?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

The question is how far do you go? I mean all well and good the obvious stuff, but do you cover every possible thing? If not how do you draw a line?
Thats going to get expensive real quick, especially as you have to turn a lot over at regular intervals.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:The question is how far do you go? I mean all well and good the obvious stuff, but do you cover every possible thing? If not how do you draw a line?
Thats going to get expensive real quick, especially as you have to turn a lot over at regular intervals.
This is the thing with prepping, we'll all draw the line 'somewhere', we all have finite cash/space/time etc. What might make perect sense to one might not to another.
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

What Deeps said. As with most aspects of prepping we each do our own risk assessment and make decisions from that.
I agree that trying to cover all and every possibility would become expensive fast. I will try to cover the basics first, then work my way from there.

I am liking this thread as its throwing out ideas about things we may not have thought of but may be easy to cover in the preps.
For example, the tick hooks. I don't have any, and may never need them. But I will get one or two as I can stash them away, without needing to replenish them. Little cost, little space, little need at the moment. But may make a big difference if needed.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I've got tick hooks, I've never used them, but like you say Britcit, they are tiny and weren't a lot of money. I also now have a couple of Nit combs in the stash, again cheap as chips (90p for the two) take up no space and very useful.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote:Errm.... Heating a tick is a bad idea.
They tend to regurgitate when you shock them, basically injecting you with whatever nasties they're carrying.

By tick spray do you mean a preventative or is it something to make them 'unlatch' ?
Unlatch.my experience of ticks is on dogs. My team of terriers used to be infested at times,but it was because of where we hunted.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:

Unlatch.my experience of ticks is on dogs. My team of terriers used to be infested at times,but it was because of where we hunted.
I regularly check my pair, have a decent one in the house and carry a 'tic pick' on my keys, something similar to this.

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Deeps wrote:
jansman wrote:

I regularly check my pair, have a decent one in the house and carry a 'tic pick' on my keys, something similar to this.

Most of my tick-wrangling has been on the Pack, had one on the cat once........ Two man job that was (one to pin the Mog down and the other to remove the little bleeder)

Like the tick-pick...... Off to flex my google at it
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yeah, I can't imagine the cat would be up for it, ours would be a nightmare and the chances of doing it a second time would be zero.