flu jab .

Medical and Healthcare
unsure

flu jab .

Post by unsure »

any one had had it . seems a nasty strain is heading our way .

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... k-14073349
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Brambles

Re: flu jab .

Post by Brambles »

We discussed this a while back and quite a few have had the vaccine. A couple of us had a bit of a reaction, but for me it's worth it. :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14891&hilit=flu+vaccine
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
unsure

Post by unsure »

and i thought i`d found some thing new :oops:

i must have missed the other post
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

unsure wrote:and i thought i`d found some thing new :oops:

i must have missed the other post

Not to worry, with info like this you can never have too many posts. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Some years ago the doctor advised me to have a pneumonia vaccination. A week later I was due a flu jab.Unfortunately I had a very bad reaction to the pneumonia vaccination - in fact I was pigging ill.I have never felt so bad in all my life! I cancelled the flu jab,and never bothered.I will take my chances.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

I know we discussed it before and I have had it this year again, I never seem to suffer too badly so I think why not, I'm in relatively good health and qualify in 3 different ways for the jab, the rest of the family depend on me being OK so I sort of have to try and avoid bugs if possible, this year I did feel some effects of the jab for a couple of days but it had no effect on day to day life :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Had it again this year. Mrs H didn't. She's been down with a really bad one for 10 days now while I've had very mild symptoms. Found this of interest on Huff Post:
"A/H1N1 – the strain of flu that caused the swine flu pandemic in 2009
A/H3N2 – a strain of flu that mainly affects the elderly and people with risk factors like a long term health condition. In 2017/18 the vaccine will contain an A/Hong Kong/4801/2014 H3N2-like virus.
Influenza B – a strain of flu that particularly affects children. In 2017/18 the vaccine will contain B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus
The nasal spray flu vaccine and some injected vaccines also offer protection against a fourth B strain of virus, which in 2017/18 is the B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus.

The strain that has been witnessed predominantly in Australia this year is influenza A strain H3N2."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/f ... 637c43b000
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

NEVER had and NEVER will get the flu jab.....
I just take Colloidal silver....
They can keep last years strain or 'best guess' strain.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Not wishing to derail the thread, Colloidal Silver is an alterntive treatment and in no way regulated or recommended.

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/silver

https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRe ... verad.html

But you pays your money and takes your choice.