Cheap Bandages and Dressings.

Medical and Healthcare
Brambles

Cheap Bandages and Dressings.

Post by Brambles »

The Brambling took the top off his finger a couple of weeks ago and we have exhausted the supply of small bandages and dressings. Anyhoo, for First Aid (not major incident!) supplies I found a pack of 5 assorted conforming bandages and a pack of 10 non adeherent dressings in the pound shop. you can guess the price :D
For the first aid kit, a bit of a bargain.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
pseudonym

Re: Cheap Bandages and Dressings.

Post by pseudonym »

Hope he heals quickly.

Poundland really does some cheap but useful stuff.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

pseudonym wrote:Hope he heals quickly.

Poundland really does some cheap but useful stuff.
All healed up. The top came off the other day and you can't see where it happened the nail has yet to start growing. It did put a serious strain on the first aid kit though and we now have plenty small stuff including finger sized tubigrip and some finger stalls. It's all very well planning for the next disaster until you find yourself scuppered by lack of handy sized stuff! :oops:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Keep an eye in Lidl for car first aid kits usually a fiver for a pile of bandages / wound pads / dressings
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Will do. :)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've got big packets of random plasters etc off ebay in the past too.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm glad to hear the Brambling is okay now, that sounds a hefty wound if it's interfering with nail growth :(

Wondering about bandages - I've got my share of ordinary bandages as well as quite a bit of crepe, which is very nice: but with the dressings we have available, they're really just about keeping a dressing in place, aren't they? So in an emergency (say, a flu pandemic was declared, and you'd run out because of something like what just happened to the Brambling) you could cut up a cotton shirt, even if you then had to sew strips together?

Plus I didn't know what a conforming bandage was ... and what I've found out kind of invalidates my query above :oops: though of course anything's better than nothing ...
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

It really did show up a gaping hole in the First Aid supplies. I have plenty of heavy duty stuff and plasters, but for injuries inbetween that are too much for a plaster but not enough for a full-on trauma dressing well, lets just say we came up very short, 3 days of daily dressing changes to be precise! :oops:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:It really did show up a gaping hole in the First Aid supplies. I have plenty of heavy duty stuff and plasters, but for injuries inbetween that are too much for a plaster but not enough for a full-on trauma dressing well, lets just say we came up very short, 3 days of daily dressing changes to be precise! :oops:
I was going through my FAK's a couple of weeks back and seem to be lighter than I thought on the adhesive/non adhesive pads too, in my case they may just be badly stowed, I really need to have a tidy. :oops: No harm in getting some more in I guess......
unsure

Post by unsure »

body shop , they do cheap first aid , i picked up some self adhesive dressings today , a pound a pack of 4 , and bandages a pound for 3 . the do have all sorts of other stuff as well .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .