tisept antiseptic sachets

Medical and Healthcare
Yorkshire Andy

Re: tisept antiseptic sachets

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I'm wondering if there has been a survey on the spread of MRSA and other wound based "super infections" post surgery / injury since the change of policy on wound cleansing
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Also saw that saline should be at 37°c or it can cause damage / retard healing and take the wound site upto 3 hours to get back to body temperature
So, carry your pods in an inside pocket?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I'm another who has had the "iodine" treatment for bad wounds many years back, even then it was donkeys years old but the army was still playing catch up in those days. I'd be guessing that the stuff used on my legs was probably pre WW2, and stung like hell. That said I'm still here and my legs are fine... at least no problems from my old injuries, just old age. :)
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

sniper 55 wrote:I'm another who has had the "iodine" treatment for bad wounds many years back, even then it was donkeys years old but the army was still playing catch up in those days. I'd be guessing that the stuff used on my legs was probably pre WW2, and stung like hell. That said I'm still here and my legs are fine... at least no problems from my old injuries, just old age. :)
Me too, I still use it (and hydrogen peroxide) :mrgreen:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon