anti inflammatory cream

Medical and Healthcare
cornerstone

anti inflammatory cream

Post by cornerstone »

I thought I would mention anti-inflammatory cream I twisted a knee and it was invaluable, I know it comes as ibuprofen and there are some others, that you can buy but it was a very superior way of dealing with the pain, voltorol, it is not really cheap at £7 for 50 g but it was worth it, it goes directly to the spot.
you cannot take it with anything else but you only need that really you do.
There might be other stuff but that is the one I tried and there are 8-hour patches I did not try them the shelf life is 2 years.
Brambles

Re: anti inflammatory cream

Post by Brambles »

Yep, big fan of Voltarol gel here as well for short term use. Have you heard about about Capsaicin cream? https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/art ... aicin.aspx It's very good for longer term pain problems.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Got some of the cheap stuff, maybe worth checking the expensive ones against the cheap ones, usually the same thing but you pay premium for the brands.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

I got some of Sainsbury's own brand and i have tried fiery jack but the burning sensation was awful I had to wash it off, the voltorol does not burn, it worked well for me anyway it was a very bad twist.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

The generic Ibuprofen cream/gel is as good. I don't think there is a generic Voltarol(Diclofenac)cream/gel yet. So you have to pay through the nose. :x However it is more effective than Ibuprofen gel.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Cheers Brambles, good to know.
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

Other people may know this, but I didn't. The generic ibuprofen gel on the shelf is a lower strength than what is behind the counter. In tesco it even worked out better value to buy it from the pharmacy.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Good to know. You can buy bulk boxes of painkillers from the pharmacy counter too.
cornerstone

Post by cornerstone »

Don't forget the cream counts as a dose of painkiller so don't take that and the tablets.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've used the cream - got it in my handbag for daily use. I'd better look again at the dosage of the various types, thanks for the heads up.