Post-SHTF menstruation

Medical and Healthcare
MAiwick

Post-SHTF menstruation

Post by MAiwick »

Hi all,

Scrolled through the forums and noticed there's nothing on this topic. Ladies, if you haven't yet check out mooncups. They're a medical-grade silicon cup you wear instead of a tampon, and they catch the blood rather than absorb it.

Pro's
Less chance of getting toxic shock syndrome and dying
Better for the environment and your body
Won't run out. Will literally last you years
You can use tampons for prep as firelighters and all the other clever things I've seen suggested on here without worrying you'll need them later when you're bleeding out!
Some come sold in cool little bags
Most brands offer 2 sizes - pre-baby/ aged under 30, post-baby/ aged over 30
Brilliant barter item
Gentlemen - you can prep long term for infant daughters without a bulky store of tampons for over a decade. Have a stash of these, perfect gift when she turns ten!

Cons
May gross out men? I mean, if that's a con :lol:
Cost about £20 each. But that's only about 2-3 months worth of sanitary products anyway, and this lasts years so sound investment.
Brambles

Re: Post-SHTF menstruation

Post by Brambles »

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
MAiwick

Post by MAiwick »

That's embarrassing! I looked through the 12 pages on this board, but didn't do a search. My bad!
MAiwick

Post by MAiwick »

I've now used the search button! There weren't any threads dedicated to mooncups in my defense :oops: looks like they pop up occasionally on threads about other topics.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Trust me,it doesn't gross this man out.I have a wife and two daughters and they discuss stuff like I am not there! Heard it all. :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:Trust me,it doesn't gross this man out.I have a wife and two daughters and they discuss stuff like I am not there! Heard it all. :lol:
Being a horrible (ex) matelot, stuff like this doesn't bother me either and I could tell some stories about 'vampires bagmeals', not on here though. :shock:
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

It might be a controversial view, but I feel that if periods gross out a man, then they aren't really a man, but a boy who needs to grow the heck up!

Also +1 for Mooncups! They are flippin' fab! Saved me a ton of money and not as 'gross' as one might think. I now think tampons are horrid!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Le Mouse wrote:It might be a controversial view, but I feel that if periods gross out a man, then they aren't really a man, but a boy who needs to grow the heck up!

Also +1 for Mooncups! They are flippin' fab! Saved me a ton of money and not as 'gross' as one might think. I now think tampons are horrid!
Its life, I know we don't have to deal with it physically (we maybe have to deal with aspects of it in other ways sometimes :twisted: ) but I've never understood any 'uncomfortableness' about it all. Not sure it makes a guy less of a man as such, people can be squeamish in different ways, I've got an abject fear of work for example. :o I know plenty lassies who have all sorts of bat crap fears about insects and small animals that can't hurt them.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Can't think of any possible situation where I would wish to use this. Jeez. Bleurgh.
MAiwick

Post by MAiwick »

I'm a total convert - I lost mine and been back on more usual sanitary stuff for a month or two. Awful! :D