viscopaste zinc oxide bandage

Medical and Healthcare
Yorkshire Andy

viscopaste zinc oxide bandage

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

http://www.smith-nephew.com/canada/prod ... scopaste-/

Help medical mob ;)

Mrs friend fell and did a epic job of slicing her arm on a wine glass (think first axe strike into a tree)

Anyway she came home with 7 stitches just holding the wound in place and it covered with viscopaste and a bandage..

Is this a improvement over jellonet? Seems like it's used where you can't stitch or stitch fully?
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Lanky Yankee

Re: viscopaste zinc oxide bandage

Post by Lanky Yankee »

It is probably better than jellonet, but more likely it's what they had to hand. It's common place to put a moist adaptic dressing over new sutures before applying a bandage. This keeps the wound moist and helps the deeper layers heal. These dressings stay on for a day or two then usually you can leave it open to air.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: viscopaste zinc oxide bandage

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Thanks just curious as about 8 years ago I caught my arm on some sheet tin and took a chunk out my arm (removed a 20mm by about 30mm lump of flesh nothing to sew up as it was too big a gap

And it was jellonet dressed and left to heal which it has suppressingly well..

Mrs Andy went with her and she asked if she could take the remaining bit home for me to look at redressed her mates arm with it a day after as she got her dressing wet.. they advised her to keep it on a week
IMG-20170823-WA0000.jpg
Simple fall in the home whilst decorating!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine