Simple first aid kit.

Medical and Healthcare
jansman

Simple first aid kit.

Post by jansman »

Half an hour ago our youngest piled in.Boyfriend cooking dinner took the top off ( nearly) his finger.His parents had NO first aid kit.Their next door neighbour ,a nurse ,came in to dress it,big panic :lol: using OUR FAK!He's a hairy quarry fitter ffs! He should have one in the van.I could have dealt with it with the one in my fishing kit!

From this butcher's angle its a freakin scratch! :lol:

So...if you have a first aid kit,you are in a better situation than a family who work in heavy industry.

I despair.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Simple first aid kit.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Pah a fitter what a tart! Bit of big blue roll and a bit of electrical tape is the only fak most old school fitters and mechanical engineers know this is the standard fak in workshops and vans ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

jansman wrote:Half an hour ago our youngest piled in.Boyfriend cooking dinner took the top off ( nearly) his finger.His parents had NO first aid kit.Their next door neighbour ,a nurse ,came in to dress it,big panic :lol: using OUR FAK!He's a hairy quarry fitter ffs! He should have one in the van.I could have dealt with it with the one in my fishing kit!

So...if you have a first aid kit,you are in a better situation than a family who work in heavy industry.

I despair.
Seems to be a lot of that going about :lol: :lol:

I have first aid kits all over the shop, there's even one at the allotment.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Pah a fitter what a tart! Bit of big blue roll and a bit of electrical tape is the only fak most old school fitters and mechanical engineers this is the standard fak in workshops and vans ;)
Actually,a roll of blue insulation tape and lint is standard knife monkey gear! Its all that sticks in the damp! :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:
jansman wrote:Half an hour ago our youngest piled in.Boyfriend cooking dinner took the top off ( nearly) his finger.His parents had NO first aid kit.Their next door neighbour ,a nurse ,came in to dress it,big panic :lol: using OUR FAK!He's a hairy quarry fitter ffs! He should have one in the van.I could have dealt with it with the one in my fishing kit!

I despair.
Seems to be a lot of that going about :lol: :lol:

I have first aid kits all over the shop, there's even one at the allotment.
Yes. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Those blue detectable plasters are errmmm poo! They don't stick full stop

Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I nearly took the top of a finger off with hedge cutters 20 odd years ago, the guys I was working with were more distressed than I was, I even tried operating the hedge cutters to disengage it from my finger but it had 'bit in'. Fortunately I had a 'pussers dirk' on me because I'd lost the SAK I had at the time so used the marlin spike to wedge the blades off my finger tip. A quick trip to the local surgery and the nurse sorted it, kept the top of my finger and got a sickline for the week. My own bloody fault for being smart and trying to 'detwig' the blades by hand but I made sure they knew I'd be getting paid for the week as I hadn't been trained on the hedge cutter (it was a temp summer job).

Now I always have my 'boo boo' kit on me at all times along with a bit of common sense. ;) If I'm doing anything remotely unusual I have a FAK of some description.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Those blue detectable plasters are errmmm poo! They don't stick full stop
We had an EHO inspection some years ago. She didn't get the blue insulation tape! She could not understand that ' proper' blue plasters JUST DONT STICK!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I ordered the blue ones for work biggest money saver as no one uses them as they don't stick , and no one pinches them to take home ;) as a they don't stick and b they are blue.....

Had the HSE chap laughing as our fak's at work were fully stocked when he looked ;)

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

IMG_20170414_200821158.jpg

Even my man cave has a little big fak mainly pressure dressings few plasters and a big 6" Israeli dressing

Came with in inches of needing "everything " when next doors "tree surgeon" took a fall through the party fence on Monday night and landed on the running petrol chainsaw; :o

Luckally it looked like the kickback brake had stopped the chain before he landed. . .

Jokingly asked him if he had a first aid kit with him. Nope!

Real tree surgeon would have never fallen due to way they work and most have a real big trauma box right by where they are working

Under the sink lives this:
IMG_20170401_223811215.jpg
IMG_20170401_223418461.jpg
And the car:
14181312320_42a2ba1ea6_c.jpg

Not to mention my trauma kit in the car door,

My day pouches

Or my hill walking kit