Simple first aid kit.

Medical and Healthcare
MBJ

Re: Simple first aid kit.

Post by MBJ »

I don't understand the mentality of not having a FAK. They're incredibly useful and could potentially save your life.

I always ensure there is one nearby whether that be at work, home or in my car.

I even carry a quikclot gauze pack on me at all times ever since I had a very close call with my axe awhile back. That thing really could save my life, or someone else's.
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

I've discovered a bit of a whole in my first aid kit :oops: . I put my back out on Friday (first time ever) and realised that have very little for back pain relief, other than paracetamol and a hot wate bottle. I thought I was doing quite well, I'd covered the standard cuts, fever, burns etc. Oh well live and learn.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Ahastyatom wrote:I've discovered a bit of a whole in my first aid kit :oops: . I put my back out on Friday (first time ever) and realised that have very little for back pain relief, other than paracetamol and a hot wate bottle. I thought I was doing quite well, I'd covered the standard cuts, fever, burns etc. Oh well live and learn.
Voltarol gel and plenty of Ibuprofen. :) Hope your back gets better soon.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

MBJ wrote:I even carry a quikclot gauze pack on me at all times ever since I had a very close call with my axe awhile back. That thing really could save my life, or someone else's.
Quickclot uses heat, i'm told by someone who's used it directly that it hurts like hell and makes a real mess of the wound, - though of course if you have an arterial bleed....

Just as effective and without the heat is Celox.
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

yorkshirewolf wrote:
MBJ wrote:I even carry a quikclot gauze pack on me at all times ever since I had a very close call with my axe awhile back. That thing really could save my life, or someone else's.
Quickclot uses heat, i'm told by someone who's used it directly that it hurts like hell and makes a real mess of the wound, - though of course if you have an arterial bleed....

Just as effective and without the heat is Celox.
Sorry, the one I have is Celox but good to know.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Ahastyatom wrote:I've discovered a bit of a whole in my first aid kit :oops: . I put my back out on Friday (first time ever) and realised that have very little for back pain relief, other than paracetamol and a hot wate bottle. I thought I was doing quite well, I'd covered the standard cuts, fever, burns etc. Oh well live and learn.
Sorry to hear it, I reckon we've all got wee gaps like this in our preps, at least you've had a heads up before the zombie hordes descend to stock up. ;)
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

Oooooh.... interesting thread. Need to re-evaluate my medical preps.
I thought I was fully kitted out - even have a blood pressure monitor and stethoscope - but the most important thing for me was to get a first aid manual.
I only buy real physical books - when it comes to prepping - that I can touch and no e-Manuals / pdf (assuming no power).
MM
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

mightymayesy wrote:Oooooh.... interesting thread. Need to re-evaluate my medical preps.
I thought I was fully kitted out - even have a blood pressure monitor and stethoscope - but the most important thing for me was to get a first aid manual.
I only buy real physical books - when it comes to prepping - that I can touch and no e-Manuals / pdf (assuming no power).
MM
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-RP-PC ... lar+panels

No harm in back up.
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

Exactly why I want to be an active member on here.... Never knew such things existed!
Thanks Deeps!
MM
Deeps wrote:
mightymayesy wrote:Oooooh.... interesting thread. Need to re-evaluate my medical preps.
MM
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-RP-PC ... lar+panels

No harm in back up.
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

mightymayesy wrote:Exactly why I want to be an active member on here.... Never knew such things existed!
Thanks Deeps!
MM
That's the beauty of a forum, we all learn from each other. I hadn't even heard of 'prepping' until just before joining the forum although I'd been a prepper all my life. Sharing our knowledge is brilliant, its made me realise what my prepping priorities are and why. And how mundane they are, Solar is a very useful tool but living in the Central Belt of Scotland, really only in the summer, I've got a few solar options though....just in case.