Toothypegs

Medical and Healthcare
junmist

Toothypegs

Post by junmist »

So as per normal for me, at Christmas I had a filling come out dammed I thought another painful Christmas BUT it didn't hurt (hurray thought I ) then last week I started to live off of pain killers damned trip to the dentist then. But before I went I popped into the chemist to see if they could recommend a good painkiller for me while I waited for an appointment. They recommend toothpegs which is an emergency filling and tooth caps product there is enough for three fillings, and two caps with Four mouth wash tablets and it is easy to use. I used it and the pain relief was almost instant but it had not gone completely found out I had lost another filling in the next door tooth as well, so used it again, Will be stocking up on this marvelous product as my fillings always come out at the wrong time. AND yes I have made the appointment.( need a scared emo)
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
poppypiesdad

Re: Toothypegs

Post by poppypiesdad »

Good call need to look that up .

Got it on amazon but cant put a link up....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toofypegs-Crow ... B000KHTESW

Is that the stuff ?

Jamie
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
pitchshifter

Post by pitchshifter »

I picked a pack up in Home Bargains because I thought it seemed a good idea, cheap as chips too! I can't remember how much exactly but pretty sure it was less than £3. Glad to hear it works!
Lanky Yankee

Post by Lanky Yankee »

Good call. That is one area of my medical supplies that is lacking. I'm gonna get a couple packs. Might save having to pull teeth for a while.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Oil of cloves is excellent for tooth pain relief as welll, altho it tastes disgusting! We first became aware of it from the film, is it marathon man or something like that anyway. During the torture scene they used oil of cloves for instant pain relief. It does work, I've used it at weekends before now prior to getting an emergency appointment
Knowledge is power
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

Dental first-aid kits are very good to have, -nothing worse than toothache on a good day, never mind in an emergency.

I've had a few from various internet sources and used one whilst away travelling after losing a filling.

They are not supposed to be permanent fixes though, so dental care will be required when possible, though the dentist who removed the emergency filling and re-did it said it was a decent job and it hadn't got any worse or lead to a broken tooth, but doing a proper filling means removing any decay that's in there (apparently that's why they usually fall out) so doing a DIY job and leaving it in can make it worse long-term.

Best way to avoid dental problems is (sadly) regular check ups and good oral hygiene...
kamantiff

Post by kamantiff »

Bicarbonate of soda for toothache is great too , just need a teaspoon full with a little water to make a paste, dosent taste great trust me but works a treat. Old remedy my nan told me about,
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

What a great idea, I had never thought about this and didn't realise such a product existed. Will definately be adding to my FA kit supply, cheers.
unsure

Post by unsure »

ive used some thing along the same lines , tooth fil . less than 3 quid in asda . ;)
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
jansman

Post by jansman »

I keep some in too.However,the smashed tooth I have right now cannot be quick- fixed as there is a raw nerve etc.Dentist tomorrow to sort it ( happened at 3 pm Friday) and 1.45 pm Monday cannot come fast enough!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.