Toothypegs

Medical and Healthcare
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Toothypegs

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote:I keep some in too.However,the smashed tooth I have right now cannot be quick- fixed as there is a raw nerve etc.Dentist tomorrow to sort it ( happened at 3 pm Friday) and 1.45 pm Monday cannot come fast enough!

Break out the vodka ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Ha ha! :lol: Last night it was Ibuprofen and copious amounts of Red wine! Also clove oil.Applied with a cotton bud it gave a quarter hour relief at a time.Tastes vile but it works.

Items to acquire for the medical box: dental mirror,dental probe ( for getting awkward crap from between teeth.) All only for absolute- can't see a dentist- total pain- type situation. I would rather see the professional any time.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
shocker

Post by shocker »

Great tip for all first aid boxes. Since the old "toothache tincture" is no longer available (and I was too stupid to note the ingredients when it was) clove oil is what I have relied on. That and ORAGEL which is a 20% benzocaine gel in a tiny tube for about £7 a pop. I was told by a dentist that prolonged use of that can cause serious problems though.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
bobble

Post by bobble »

Thanks for the "heads up", £2.99 well spent!
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Didn't someone post you could buy Morphine over the counter? Toothache is awful
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
shocker

Post by shocker »

Kaolin and Morphine is OTC but theres so little Morph its not worth the constipation. However, if you are opiate naiive then Codeine is available OTC and quite effective. Problem is that the nerves in your head are not effected by opiates to any great extent so a topical application is best. I use soluble aspirin tablets direct to the bad tooth along with benzocaine gel and clove oil
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***