Future of healthcare.

Medical and Healthcare
the coalthief

Future of healthcare.

Post by the coalthief »

Just a thought.
Occured to me that if you or any of your family have any ongoing health issues that could possibly be resolved by elective treatment,then it might be worth getting them resolved sooner rather than later.
Not entirely convinced there'll be a functioning NHS in five to ten years time.
This isn't particularly a political point,more as a logical outcome of the slow collapse we're currently living in.
"People don't change when they see the light,only when they feel the heat."
medicmark

Re: Future of healthcare.

Post by medicmark »

this is why I keep saying get trained up in medical aid as high as possible, nearly all my preps are for this eventuality, it is very much on the horizon people, are you prepared?
jansman

Post by jansman »

medicmark wrote:this is why I keep saying get trained up in medical aid as high as possible, nearly all my preps are for this eventuality, it is very much on the horizon people, are you prepared?
For non medical folks, first aid training is a valuable skill.No doubt of that.However,we need a health system - whatever form it takes.

Currently,my mother's husband is dying of cancer and is being attended to by Macmillan nurses for pain control.Fantastic people!

No amount of self help or extensive medical kits can deal with that I am afraid.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

I certainly don't think things can continue as they are without bankrupting the NHS. We either need to make savings or increase the proportion of tax that pays for it. At the moment the government seems to have passed the buck onto local governments - just telling them to make savings, but I think government-driven savings need to be made. Difficult decisions ahead.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
womble

Post by womble »

sethorly wrote:I certainly don't think things can continue as they are without bankrupting the NHS. We either need to make savings or increase the proportion of tax that pays for it. At the moment the government seems to have passed the buck onto local governments - just telling them to make savings, but I think government-driven savings need to be made. Difficult decisions ahead.
The NHS can't be "Bankrupted". It can be "run into the ground by vicious Government cuts" though. Savings are, according to most health professionals, by this stage, just Mandarin (as in the denizen of Whitehall, not the Chinese language) for cuts. There was a time when efficiency could save a bunch of money, but those days are long gone. We need a Government that will fund the NHS properly, not attempt to privatise it by the back door. A good chunk of the problems can, indeed be laid at the door of whoever passed the buck to LG, because they didn't bother to adequately fund LG, either.

In the end, the problems will only get worse, because the proportion of the population who are paying "working wage" tax is going to shrink (as downward pressure on wages increases, and the number of people actually of working age declines), whereas the proportion who need the NHS's (and Social Care) services is going to increase as the average age of the population rises.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

The focus in here though is prepping - what can we do to overcome the loss of NHS, whatever the cause. As far as I can gather in times past, before NHS, people died or took to drink. And that was the choice :evil: So definitely do what you can to prep, but there is a limit on what we can do here.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

womble wrote:Savings are, according to most health professionals, by this stage, just Mandarin for cuts.
By savings, I'm thinking of the idea that problems caused by lifestyle (smokers, obesity) should be partly funded by the patient. Also, that a greater number of expensive treatments are not funded. I can't see how this can be avoided unless our tax sky rockets.

From a prepping point of view this is just even more reason to keep ourselves healthy and fit!
=======
=======
Area 8
=======
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I think the whole system is now so corrupt and mismanaged that we would do better to scrap the whole thing and start again.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

I think what needs to happen is first and foremost is only treating thoes that are eligible. If i go on holiday, for example the USA i have health insurance . The E111 card for European travel as well as travel insurance . Before treatment begins , eligibility needs to be proven . Just as we have to do when in a foreign country . And to not treat anyone as it is now then try and recover costs which will never happen. Weve all heard the sob stories of uk citizens trapped abroad injured and no health insurance . That exact system needs done here. No insurance no tratment .
I would love that to be implemented but were too much of a easy target for other nationals in need.

J
Last edited by poppypiesdad on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Too right. At least we can say that now without being shouted at. Slow progress but progress nonetheless.
=======
=======
Area 8
=======