How do you prep for this?

Medical and Healthcare
diamond lil

Re: How do you prep for this?

Post by diamond lil »

I know what it feels like to be so weak that you think you're useless. But thinking that way is stress and stress takes energy we can't afford. And with you it will delay healing. Switch off, chill out, and do something that doesn't involve moving :mrgreen:
junmist

Post by junmist »

Dusty Hope you are feeling better the answer to your question is you prep by making sure your family know how to manage if you are not there. Knowing that the family can coup if you are away or ill is the prep. Say you go and visit a family member miles from home but due to work school whatever the rest of the family can't go with you. There is a major power cut at home but the family can coupe because you have put things in place and they know about it they know were the torches are, were the camp stove is and the rest of the stuff is so they can coupe. Your down but not out you can still communicate with them you can tell them what to do it may take them longer to do it than you but your knowledge will get them through.
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Thanks for all comments etc, most of my family know i prep but are non believers in prepping so it is up to me, i am getting better and hopefully in a few weeks will be able to more or less carry on as normal, but it is an eye opener to see how easily you can be weakened, yes it was a serious and complex operation, but i lost nearly a stone in weight in 8 days, that is scary enough on its own but to see how i couldn't do things that i could only days before was worrying.

Try and keep well my friends.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
survivorZ

Post by survivorZ »

First off I hope you get well, but best advice for that kind of thing in my opinion safety in numbers for the times like now when you can't be the protector you will have others to help same thr other way round.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Get well soon Dusty! Let this be a lesson to your family that they have to learn to manage without you being at full weaponised strength. Let it also be a lesson to you. It's very disorienting to be depowered for a long time. It's also ok to BE depowered. Accept that you have won a brutal war and are damaged from battle. Look at your scar. You are alive. You are stronger than that which hurt you. You are down but not out. If you don't rest you won't heal properly and it will bite you in the bum later. Manage your world from your armchair, command like a king and be looked after. Mad's orders.