Thanks Folks

Medical and Healthcare
gamekeeper752

Re: Thanks Folks

Post by gamekeeper752 »

very good post everyone with some good information.

When i joined the police back in BC with the roman army we were taught over 16 weeks just about everything you could think of,including delivering a baby ,and I believe now, this was because the ambulance service were scoop and shoot then. They would rush in, pick you up on a stretcher, and rush you to A&E there was one in every town then, no neck collars, spine board drips, heart monitors etc that was for the hospital doctor to do. Everyone was more self reliant and now we have a population that is unable to look after them selves. God forbid a real life reason to long term survival, but i suppose that's why WE do what we do.

Over time the paramedic staff are now trauma trained far beyond a GP, and better that some doctors in the hospital, and most if they are honest and I know many, hate it when a GP is at any incident they're at,and then get involved, as many GP's haven't even CPR'd anyone in their lifetime,not since basics anyhow, as for Inturbation or Cannulation ha ha anyway my point is this

First aid is just that, the better the first aid at the beginning of the incident the better for the patient.
the added thing is it stops both you and the injured person panicking.

if your not sure what to do, go to WH&Sons and get the latest British red cross First Aid Manual and read it.
Without doubt you will want to do a course after this.To me that's a win win for everyone.
Be safe.
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
junmist

Post by junmist »

For all things splinters our house holds use Yellow Bazelican it's old but nothing beats it for drawing anytype of splinter out weather it is wood or metal. Mostly it only takes a day for it to come out but for really deep ones it might take a couple of days.
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

junmist wrote:For all things splinters our house holds use Yellow Bazelican it's old but nothing beats it for drawing anytype of splinter out weather it is wood or metal. Mostly it only takes a day for it to come out but for really deep ones it might take a couple of days.
Magnesium sulphate works well but been a 5 year old and in her heel rubbing on her shoe no way would she have given us a quiet night if it wasn't removed
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
ParamedicPrepper wrote:Ban the scooter, sounds like a death trap lol

oh no no no you cant do that take toys away and the little darlings would then find alternative things to do like climbing up the stairs on the wrong size or play pelt the wasp nest with stones... or Cat hand grenade where you pick up the cat and then throw it at your sibling (yes one was caught last week "playing" that game) :shock:

an adequate full and clear risk assessment is needed with all points covered with a tool box talk during dinner time and the scooter can be used again :twisted: .

Daz locate your nearest MIU (minor injury unit) or NHS drop in centre most have much quicker service than a A&E department ;)
I nearly fell off my chair reading this :lol: Why didn't I think of this when I was a child....