Hayfever

Medical and Healthcare
gooner677

Hayfever

Post by gooner677 »

Hi all,

Some of you may suffer from this pain in the a**e condition. This year I have been buying 6+ months worth of various anti histamines.

If you shop around on various UK online chemist sites you can pick them up really cheap 1.80 for a month supply reducing the more you buy etc

Also they can be used for other allergic conditions.

Worth a thought.
Andy
Area 4
gooner677

Re: Hayfever

Post by gooner677 »

£5.51 for 6 months supply of hayfever tablets at http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/travel-s ... er/cat-876

Boots charge more than that for 1 month supply!
Area 4
easy rider

Post by easy rider »

That's a great link thank you. I'm no longer a sufferer myself now older but one of my young children suffers terribly .
G.p only prescribes the minimum too and only liquid form and won't give us tablet form I case we go out for the day and she needs extra .
Bit bad really.
This year we have requested repeats earlier and will latter in year too to build up a small stock in case .

Cheers for the link that's a great price on hay fever 6 months supply.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Easy rider not sure if it will help but you can buy Piriton liquid over the counter? You may also be able to buy kids anti histamine tablets too, not sure as mine are old enough to take adult ones now.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
gooner677

Post by gooner677 »

Hi all,

Just to let you know I ordered tablets from that link and they were here 2 days later. I ordered them in the evening, so they were dispatched the very next day. Good service I think.

Andy
Area 4
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I'm one of the lucky ones, I do suffer very mildly, just the runny nose so I don't need the tablets, but thats a good price.
easy rider

Post by easy rider »

preparedsurrey wrote:Easy rider not sure if it will help but you can buy Piriton liquid over the counter? You may also be able to buy kids anti histamine tablets too, not sure as mine are old enough to take adult ones now.
Thank you.
My girl can only have citrazine ,nothing else works. She already takes 15 mg a day too.
Poor girl.
We get the liquid fine from g.p but asked for tablet form only once for keeping with us in bag for outings but gp refused.
Twits .
Did buy over counter but wasnt cheap and she should get it free as shes 10.
Sorted now but that sitebis so cheap compared.
Cheers anyway
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Keep an eye on the online chemists, they sometimes have amazing reductions.

I bought a load of Cetirizine from clearchemist a few years ago, 11p for a packet of 30, max single order 12 packets.

I just dug out the email confirmation to check I remembered it correctly:-

CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ORDER
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 186324
Detailed Invoice: https://www.clearchemist.co.uk/account_ ... _id=186324
Date Ordered: Monday 28 May, 2012

Products
12 x 30 days Supply Cetirizine 10mg Antihistamine tablets (p) = £1.68
Grand Total (Inc VAT): £4.53
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I have had it bad this year but not as bad as other years and tend to only take the medicine when absolutely necessary. But you can really store the medicines up for bad years. Pound shops are pretty good places to get them if you are stretched.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

nickdutch wrote:I have had it bad this year but not as bad as other years and tend to only take the medicine when absolutely necessary. But you can really store the medicines up for bad years. Pound shops are pretty good places to get them if you are stretched.
I've not been too bad this year either, so far! I get mine from the cheapy shops also, madness the prices in some chemists shops!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.