Health check - have an MOT

Medical and Healthcare
pseudonym

Re: Health check - have an MOT

Post by pseudonym »

Confirmed Diabetes and High blood pressure. :oops:

My fault, no one elses, up to me to sort it.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

pseudonym wrote:Confirmed Diabetes and High blood pressure. :oops:

Its nice to have help though... Even if its only "You can do it mate!" kind of help ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

our local council provides diet and exercise classes, After giving up the Cancer stick I put on 15 Kilos, My GP prescribed the course which I duly completed and lost the 15 Kilos and now exercise regularly with circuit training twice a week and now walking once a week for around an hour. My Blood pressure is back to normal, I move easier and can get up off the floor a loot easier (Target ShootinG).
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Oh how crappy!! Sending moral support also, you can do it!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Decaff wrote:

Oh how crappy!! Sending moral support also, you can do it!
Many thanks, on the plus side my barter-able goods just went up ten-fold, but my food storage reduced by the same amount. :lol:
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

So what food will you have to store now? What a nightmare having food that you can't have :?
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Decaff wrote:So what food will you have to store now? What a nightmare having food that you can't have :?
Low salt, low sugar and low carbs diet for me at the moment, still early stages TBH, so I'll wait before buying bulk,

The diet and tablets have significantly reduced my readings so far, I'm half way there.

Blood pressure still has a long way to go.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

pseudonym wrote:
Decaff wrote:So what food will you have to store now? What a nightmare having food that you can't have :?
Low salt, low sugar and low carbs diet for me at the moment, still early stages TBH, so I'll wait before buying bulk,

The diet and tablets have significantly reduced my readings so far, I'm half way there.

Blood pressure still has a long way to go.
It sounds like you're doing all the right things though, I wish you all the best with it. From what you're saying its the blood pressure you're struggling with, where do you get the most stress ? That seems to be a big part of it.

I got a pleasant surprise when I registered with my local GP when I left the Navy, I'd always been on the high end of normal with my blood pressure but after being a 'dirty civvy' for 6 months I apparently had the blood pressure of a "young man", the lack of stress made a huge difference it seems, it wasn't a conscious thing on my part, if its not a medical thing then I guess its probably a stress thing. Don't quote me though I'm out of date for first aid never mind anything more serous. :lol:

Good luck with it mate. You must be gutted with losing your supplies.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Deeps wrote:From what you're saying its the blood pressure you're struggling with, where do you get the most stress ? That seems to be a big part of it.
None; I'm retired.

Deeps wrote:I got a pleasant surprise when I registered with my local GP when I left the Navy, I'd always been on the high end of normal with my blood pressure but after being a 'dirty civvy' for 6 months I apparently had the blood pressure of a "young man", the lack of stress made a huge difference it seems, it wasn't a conscious thing on my part, if its not a medical thing then I guess its probably a stress thing.
I finished my 22 6 years ago so I should be totally distressed by now. :mrgreen:
Deeps wrote: It sounds like you're doing all the right things though, I wish you all the best with it. You must be gutted with losing your supplies.
Many thanks, they're not lost just waiting a trade opportunity. ;)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

pseudonym wrote:
Deeps wrote:From what you're saying its the blood pressure you're struggling with, where do you get the most stress ? That seems to be a big part of it.
None; I'm retired.

Deeps wrote:I got a pleasant surprise when I registered with my local GP when I left the Navy, I'd always been on the high end of normal with my blood pressure but after being a 'dirty civvy' for 6 months I apparently had the blood pressure of a "young man", the lack of stress made a huge difference it seems, it wasn't a conscious thing on my part, if its not a medical thing then I guess its probably a stress thing.
I finished my 22 6 years ago so I should be totally distressed by now. :mrgreen:
Deeps wrote: It sounds like you're doing all the right things though, I wish you all the best with it. You must be gutted with losing your supplies.
Many thanks, they're not lost just waiting a trade opportunity. ;)
I think I see your problem, try DE-stressed. :D

Take care mate, roll a fatty (I admit that has a couple of different interpretrations :o ) and enjoy the apres 22, I can't say we earned it but if someone's gonna give us the money....... 8-)