Nettle Tea for Hay Fever

Medical and Healthcare
Deeps

Nettle Tea for Hay Fever

Post by Deeps »

Has anyone tried this ? I was talking about hay fever with a mate when he mentioned it. A quick skeg on google shows some evidence that it works.

http://whatallergy.com/2013-05/fresh-ne ... -allergies

Does anyone on here recommend it or think its a load of hokum ?
Hamradioop

Re: Nettle Tea for Hay Fever

Post by Hamradioop »

Never tried it myself, but it is a known tonic, just make sure they are away the road side when you pick them .
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Hamradioop wrote:Never tried it myself, but it is a known tonic, just make sure they are away the road side when you pick them .
Good shout Ham, I have access to a load in a field out the back I might try, just curious at the moment. Cheers for the tip.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Might give that a go, I get hay fever pretty badly at certain times of the year, wonder if it'll still work if made into nettle beer?....
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

A friend of mine is a qualified Herbalist and he swears by Plantain and elderflower tea ( or just plantain). Nettles contain loads of iron, minerals and stuff better used for pain relief and a good tonic rather than hay fever.
munchh

Post by munchh »

I have never seen that, i have a book here somewhere about natural hayfever remedies, ill dig it out, although i do remember it says its all about ions in the air. It says a water feature in your house with crashing water is the best thing, sound daft but, the crashing water put either positive or negative ions into the air and inturn impacts on the particles in the air. All i know is when im by the sea i dont need to take any hayfever meds, when im at home 3 miles from a major airport, j need 2x 1 a day tablets and beconase!
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
7 lives

Post by 7 lives »

Yep looove nettle tea, soup etc full of lots of goodies,Easy to dry-just ensure you gather them away from the roadside and before they flower as there is a suggestion that once flowering they may increase the risk of kidney stones .