Buying Drugs Online from drug24h.com

Medical and Healthcare
DundeePrepper

Buying Drugs Online from drug24h.com

Post by DundeePrepper »

I'm not really prepping for a major social breakdown, but stocking up of the basics isn't going to hurt anyone..

My major questions are;
1. What are the best tools for diagnostics. E.g Books to reference so you can decide whether you need antibiotics..
2. Is drug24h.com REALLY a safe place to be buying what I had previously assumed we're controlled drugs such as baclofen for muscle spasms etc..
3. What are people stocking (if anything) and what are your opinions of self-diagnosis/prescription?
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author
Devonian

Re: Buying Drugs Online from drug24h.com

Post by Devonian »

I've just googled drug24h.com and I cannot find any websites that have genuine reviews about it.

in fact the first result in google is the following:

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/drug24h.com

I would therefore say AVOID at all costs, could be Russian scammers trying to harvest payment card details given that they also do not accept paypal.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Personally I wouldn't trust it, its a Russian registration address but the IP address is in the US, the contact email is a throw away gmail account which is also linked to a load of other pharmaceticals for sale websites. Also getting it posted into the country if its prescription only or banned (especially high strength pain killers) would (I think) risk you getting done for some variation on unlicenced drug importation.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
DundeePrepper

Post by DundeePrepper »

I really should have looks into the site more before posting :oops: but I was at work... Didn't have the time. I had a chat with a colleague and seemingly you can quite easily get these Meds delivered without major issues...
Also a PO Box is apparently sufficient enough to stop Customs in their tracks. (Unless you are importing guns and whatnot) not that I am condoning any sort of illegal activity :|
Newbie Prepper
The ability to foresee is not reserved for Psychics and Lunatics. The mind is predisposed to see the future from its own past.
- Unknown Author
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I've used United Pharmacies (www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md) in the past and not had any obvious problems.
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Bosworth wrote:I've used United Pharmacies (http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md) in the past and not had any obvious problems.
I'd advise anyone buying prescription meds over the internet to be extremely cautious, as you simply have no idea of what you are buying.

For example a quick check of www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md shows that it is actually based in Hong Kong, it also does not have any addresses on it's website and so is not compliant with UK legislation.

But being based in HK you can be guaranteed that you are not buying genuine meds, you will be buying fake medicines from China over which there is no quality control or testing having been carried out and so you could actually risk seriously endangering your own health.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYo ... 007095.htm

http://www.economist.com/node/21564546
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Devonian wrote:
Bosworth wrote:I've used United Pharmacies (http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md) in the past and not had any obvious problems.
I'd advise anyone buying prescription meds over the internet to be extremely cautious, as you simply have no idea of what you are buying.

For example a quick check of http://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md shows that it is actually based in Hong Kong, it also does not have any addresses on it's website and so is not compliant with UK legislation.

But being based in HK you can be guaranteed that you are not buying genuine meds, you will be buying fake medicines from China over which there is no quality control or testing having been carried out and so you could actually risk seriously endangering your own health.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYo ... 007095.htm

http://www.economist.com/node/21564546
I would beg to differ. They are based in HK for good reason - a more relaxed market which allows drugs to be dispensed without a prescription. The whole point of using these companies is to get hold of drugs that you cannot easily get hold of within the UK.

I have had no issues at all with any of the items bought from them. Most are for 'stocks' in case things go bad, but I have on occasion used various items to limp on at weekends before getting down to the doctors when they re-open on a Monday. For example, a member of my family had a rapidly expanding staph infection which we noticed at midnight on a Saturday. No way I'm taking a small child to A&E on a Saturday night. The antibiotic cream from UP worked a treat, kept the infection in check until an emergency appointment with the GP, who then prescribed a branded version of exactly the same cream the following Monday.

The internet meme that claims such sites only sell fakes is mostly wrong and encouraged by over-priced drugs companies and fans of state-control. It's a personal risk-assessment whether to use them, and in my experience I've been very happy. If TSHTF I would rather my family has a chance to self-medicate with appropriate drugs than no-chance at all.

Note that it is NOT illegal to take delivery of prescription medicines in the UK without a prescription, it is just illegal for UK-based companies to ship them without a prescription. Hence the foreign registration.
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Bosworth wrote:[
I would beg to differ. They are based in HK for good reason - a more relaxed market which allows drugs to be dispensed without a prescription. The whole point of using these companies is to get hold of drugs that you cannot easily get hold of within the UK.
To each his own, but bear in mind that where you say, 'a more relaxed market', it actually means an unregulated market!

Bosworth wrote: The internet meme that claims such sites only sell fakes is mostly wrong and encouraged by over-priced drugs companies and fans of state-control. It's a personal risk-assessment whether to use them
Bear in mind that these drugs are produced by Pfizer or Glaxo or another drug company, they are only authorised manufacturer, so they have a fixed price for which the (legitimate) drugs are sold, no matter where you obtain them from. So how can these websites be selling them at a fraction of the price that the manufacturers are selling them for? Simple - they are not genuine, they are either generic's or counterfeit manufactured with poor quality controls in India and China.

But as you say, its a Personal Risk Assessment as to whether you choose to use them.

For me I would rather go down the fish antibiotic route and/or just stick with freely available over the counter meds.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Devonian wrote:
Bosworth wrote:[
To each his own, but bear in mind that where you say, 'a more relaxed market', it actually means an unregulated market!

Bosworth wrote: The internet meme that claims such sites only sell fakes is mostly wrong and encouraged by over-priced drugs companies and fans of state-control. It's a personal risk-assessment whether to use them
Bear in mind that these drugs are produced by Pfizer or Glaxo or another drug company, they are only authorised manufacturer, so they have a fixed price for which the (legitimate) drugs are sold, no matter where you obtain them from. So how can these websites be selling them at a fraction of the price that the manufacturers are selling them for? Simple - they are not genuine, they are either generic's or counterfeit manufactured with poor quality controls in India and China.

But as you say, its a Personal Risk Assessment as to whether you choose to use them.

For me I would rather go down the fish antibiotic route and/or just stick with freely available over the counter meds.
I see what you're saying now. Yes, if you buy branded drugs that are much cheaper than MRP then you are asking for trouble. I only want basic (but heavyweight) painkillers, sedatives, antiobiotic creams, tablets, etc. that are provided cheaply by generics. Same chemical as the brand, but much cheaper.

I don't think anything over the counter, for example, can help if you need local anaesthetic to put stitches in, or a quick burst of antibiotics in the event of an anthrax attack etc. Fish antiobiotics are great for certain infections, but I'd rather have the right tool for the right job (respiratory, systemic, topical, fungal, bacterial, parasitic etc.).
Appin

Post by Appin »

Malwarebytes antimalware blocks this site as a known source of malicious software.

Anywhere which sells over the internet and is dubious even more so if if located abroad. Prescription Only medicines are just that . Possession without a prescription is risky.

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformatio ... /index.htm

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/NewsCentre/Press ... /CON129237

Regards

Appin