Post by iSkynet »

Warning Signals In Your Urine Color.
http://www.bewellbuzz.com/body-buzz/uri ... nd-health/

War. War never changes.
Arzosah

Re: Warning Signals In Your Urine Color

Post by Arzosah »

Great chart!

I didn't know about the beetroot thing until a few years ago, when I frightened the life out of myself by eating several beetroot at once, to use them up, and soon afterwards thought I was dying :lol: luckily the friend I told about it knew about the beetroots :oops:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Army quote in hot climates:

"Pee clear once a day"
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

Also worth noting that cloudy is a cause for attention.
weggz

Post by weggz »

Great chart and very helpful.
I try to drink at least 3 litres of tap water a day so mine is normally the first colour.
However i once had a whole tin of mushy peas to myself and when i next went to pee it came out almost lime green in colour!! nothing to worry about of course but the colour was kinda funky :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Friend of mine was worried about the dark orange colour of his pee. He kept drinking more and more water and peeing more and more frequently throughout the day but it stayed orange. He was about to call the GP when he realised he'd had his high-contract orange cycling glasses on all day!!
weggz

Post by weggz »

featherstick wrote:Friend of mine was worried about the dark orange colour of his pee. He kept drinking more and more water and peeing more and more frequently throughout the day but it stayed orange. He was about to call the GP when he realised he'd had his high-contract orange cycling glasses on all day!!
Hahahaha thats funny :lol:
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Very interesting! But also be aware that B Vitamin supplements will also turn your water yellow because B vitamins are a yellow coloured drug and its nothing to be concerned about if the cause is B vitamins
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Arzosah wrote:Great chart!

I didn't know about the beetroot thing until a few years ago, when I frightened the life out of myself by eating several beetroot at once, to use them up, and soon afterwards thought I was dying :lol: luckily the friend I told about it knew about the beetroots :oops:
Many, many years ago some friends and I played a trick on another of our friends, red food colouring will pass right through a human without being altered by the liver or kidneys. If you consume enough it will turn your pee bright red.

The victim was selected because he drank Guinness and it's body is black and opaque We filled a syringe with red food colouring and whilst he was in the loo bypassed the white head and injected the lot into the body of his pint. He drank it, and then another couple. Nature called and he came back into the bar with a worried look on his face and explained his pee had turned red. We kept a straight face and just talked about cancer, tumours, syphilis, gonorrhea and bladder infections for the next half hour. His face became ever more sombre until we confessed and told him what we had done. He took it quite well considering he was drunk.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

That....is awesome. I shall be stocking up on red dye before the next St Patrick's Day :twisted:
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864