Future of healthcare.

Medical and Healthcare
SooBee

Re: Future of healthcare.

Post by SooBee »

Most people would think I had prepped quite enough on that subject...but there are always more questions to be asked and more problems to find answers for. I certainly don't feel like an expert ( but then X=unknown quantity and Spurt= drip under pressure!)

;)
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

The NHS is already mostly private. And as once the work is complete by Sith May (completion of the Death Star) everything here will be like in the states.

The only good thing to say about this is that, while there are millions of uninsured Americans (case study) most of the uninsured are choosing to be uninsured because of bad decisions and bad education. Therefore, since we're educating ourselves just by being here, showing willing, I'm sure we and our closest will pull through will little more effort than we're already putting in.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dangerman wrote:The NHS is already mostly private. And as once the work is complete by Sith May (completion of the Death Star) everything here will be like in the states.

The only good thing to say about this is that, while there are millions of uninsured Americans (case study) most of the uninsured are choosing to be uninsured because of bad decisions and bad education. Therefore, since we're educating ourselves just by being here, showing willing, I'm sure we and our closest will pull through will little more effort than we're already putting in.
No more name calling please mate, we don't all see things the same way and it can lead to bun fights.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Name calling?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dangerman wrote:Name calling?
Sith
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Ah right, I thought politicians were an acceptation to that rule... My bad. :D

By the way, I'm not anti Tory, I'm anti May.
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

Considering the alternatives at the time of the vote, she has been a surprisingly safe pair of hands. Perhaps more can be gained by ignoring the personalities in politics and simply trying to understand all the twists and turns in politics just now. It all feels very volatile and hardly worth any deep discussion yet. Everyone seems to be changing their minds constantly. I feel they are possibly reaching out towards each other and most seem to be intent on agreements of some sort.

Relax...this is a good thing :)
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

I've never changed my mind. We're all doomed in my opinion. I've thought that since about 1991 when I learned what a government was.

I have particular angst for May because, as with everyone, we only really pay attention to politics that has an affect on you. And since my wife and oldest son depend of fair deal for immigrants, and since May is quite clearly a... Is xenophobe a name?, her attitude and policy affects me in a big way. Safe hands is a relative statement, but I can see that she isn't as bad (so far) as she potentially could have been.
the coalthief

Post by the coalthief »

dangerman wrote:.....while there are millions of uninsured Americans (case study) most of the uninsured are choosing to be uninsured because of bad decisions and bad education..
Think it's more to do with price gouging by health insurance companies/big pharma,shrinking middle class income (in real terms) and millions being disqualified from insurance through spurious 'pre existing conditions'.
That said,plenty out there also eat garbage because,well,'murica......
"People don't change when they see the light,only when they feel the heat."