Warning Signals In Your Urine Color

Medical and Healthcare
ukpreppergrrl

Re: Warning Signals In Your Urine Color

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Had a similar beetroot scare: I love the vegetable crisps, particularly the beetroot ones. One evening I snaffled all the beetroot ones from a big bag. The next day my pee was bright red! Was a bit panicked until I remembered the beetroot. :o I also have very stinky ammonia pee when I eat asparagus. Apparently either you get ammonia pee with asparagus or you don't! I swear it's also blueish too, but that could just be my eyes watering! ;)
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

I actually learnt the urine colour thing while I was working for 18 months in Spain.
On the other hand, I had a reunion with a very old friend on Friday evening and it would seem I'm still dehydrated lol.
It is unbelievable how much beer dehydrates.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
chaotician

Post by chaotician »

featherstick wrote:Friend of mine was worried about the dark orange colour of his pee. He kept drinking more and more water and peeing more and more frequently throughout the day but it stayed orange. He was about to call the GP when he realised he'd had his high-contract orange cycling glasses on all day!!
I hate to admit it, but that has happened to me... :oops:
valderee

Post by valderee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just read through this old post, but its good to know from the charts whats what, but some of the posts has had me in stitches, :lol: I find that if I eat sugar puffs, my wee smells like sugar puffs, :roll: :roll: :?: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

Just as point of interest I'm sure I read somewhere that urine smelling of sugar puffs is an indication of too much sugar in your system.

Which doesn't necessarily mean you're diabetic but if it smells of sugar puffs regularly I'd be tempted just to mention to your GP next time you see 'em.
valderee

Post by valderee »

aldhelm wrote:Just as point of interest I'm sure I read somewhere that urine smelling of sugar puffs is an indication of too much sugar in your system.

Which doesn't necessarily mean you're diabetic but if it smells of sugar puffs regularly I'd be tempted just to mention to your GP next time you see 'em.
Thanks for that, I don't eat sugar puffs that often but ive had my bloods done a few times and was okay, up to the last lot I had taken, and ive to have them taken again to check my sugar levels. Thankyou for the info, :)
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

I'd start worrying if you find sugar puffs IN your urine and I can confirm that this symptom is directly related to excessively drinking alcohol and the cause is one of only two factors, which are:

1) You were eating cereal while on the toilet

or

2) you're a student and you can't remember ever having stuffed sugar puffs up your urethra as a bet.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors